Rate My Hinge.

Frank

Not my fell but one of my favorite pictures on my computer:lol::lol:

'Haircutters Dream'

The "tiny gob" almost claims another victim :thumbdown:

Indeed!

Plus I bet they had a big rope with a big pull!

Still better than my efforts though.:blushing:

Amazing!

Thats amazing how qualified cutters can come to a conclusion such as the depth of gob being the cause of a high chair, and totally miss the fact it was the wrong cut!

Spectacular all the same, and if anyone is watching and trying to learn from such pics and comments, its a good way of seeing how things can go wrong. A dogstooth would have been hugely better cut, regardless of gob depth!

Amazing!

Thats amazing how qualified cutters can come to a conclusion such as the depth of gob being the cause of a high chair, and totally miss the fact it was the wrong cut!

Spectacular all the same, and if anyone is watching and trying to learn from such pics and comments, its a good way of seeing how things can go wrong. A dogstooth would have been hugely better cut, regardless of gob depth!

agree on that learnt my lesson very early on that little extra cut can save you alot of time away from the hospital or worse....

Amazing!

True, but with a decent sized gob there would have been no need for a dogstooth.

Why over complicate things that can be so simple??

In 17 years, I've never had a barbers chair and almost never use a dogstooth.

Amazing!

So your saying the only way was with a dogs tooth and we got it wrong?

Amazing that you can say that just from the pic.:sneaky2:

I too have never had a problem like that in 15 years so I assume that I am doing things fairly well.

It looked to me that that tree didnt have much of a lean and was pulled over too hard.

Whatever the situation, the dogstooth would have reduced the risk of highchair massively.

I am not saying that gob was ideal, it was a little too small for me too, but a "deep" gob may have caused it to highchair earlier, possibly before the backcut was even started.

So, i gues i am saying you got it wrong, yes.

If it was as you say pulled too hard, a dogstooth would have stopped it splitting. If it had a one sided canopy, weighted badly, the dogstooth would have stopped it.

As for the reference to years served, it means jack. As a reference, i have had a driving license for 25 years and never killed anyone, does that make me a safe driver? No, it doesnt.

My point is, its wrong to state "improper advice" when many view this forum as a form of education.