aspen petrol.

MattyF

OK either running on aspen/bio or not, make your own mind up.

What gets me is how the :002: can you do both without specific saws running on each?

Local agent told me that most buy a can of aspen and bio and just keep filling them up with the cheap stuff:bootyshake:

Yes I would use them if they were cheaper but dont see the point in doing something half-cocked.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the informative replys ...im thinking of doing it for purely health reasons..... after running two stroke engines every day for 13 years and at times getting carbon monoxide poisoning bad....... im convinced thats half the reason i feel run down and crap half the time and its not the beer, honest!

I once heard of a guy who switched to bio chain oil and evan that made the differance to his health after a few months.

lee your right mate its damn expensive and i know i could not afford to go out and stock up on it on monday morning but i dont think you can put a price on good health..look at guys like mervyn walker who after a life time of breathing in two stroke fumes are now seriusly ill and he never smoked and probably for the first 10 years of his working lifes was on axes.i think some of us are gonna be suffering later on.

I dont seem to have a problem with the modern "cleaner" burning saws, and fuel, not like mixing 16:1 in the old days any way. But the hedgetrimmers I find a real bitch, as the fumes come back up of the hedge into your face, so I now run a Honda 4stroke for that very reason. I havent as yet tried the Aspen fuel, and dont see trying it for some time yet.

How do you find the honda 4 stroke andy?

used one a bit but found it quite heavy but liked the idea so i brought a stihl 4 mix long reach....find that worse though as your reaching up all the time with the engine in your face and i think its no cleaner than a normal 2 stroke but then its not proper 4 stroke like the honda....will be needing a new hedge cutter soon as my old hs 80 is getting more temperamental every time its used

theres a book about his life story and the firm he worked for in timber falling called the wood cutters tale and theres been a few bits about him in various arb mags.

The books got some awsome pictures of old day felling huge trees with axes ect.. i was told he was quite unwell and the doctors had put it down to years of two stroke fumes as he had never smoked.

Aspen is a Alkylate fuel. Not agressive as regular gasoline.

It is a better fuel, and sold by others than Aspen too so yould be able to find it easyer and cheeper perhaps.

Just don't put it in saws you run on regular oil/gas mix. It will clean the systems out and If you have a carbon build up, Alkylate fuel bill burn it up. If you have a stroke of bad luck it will get skoring from the leftovers if they can't get out.

If you plan on changing fuels, take the hat of and clean good.

Here is a test I made to show William Greene when he and Forrest was viseting me.

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o8/WILLIAMFGREENE/?action=view&current=swedentrip2007077.flv