Yale Limelight

Frank

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any links to the limelight mate?

I was never a fan of blaze. Too thin in my hands and way to much stretch in it. Also it seemed to milk like mad.

Ive been on tachyon for ages until i got some PI and now i really rate it. Dont think i'll be going back for a while.

I may have to get some imori just so i can compare. Does anyone sell it by the meter so i can have it plain ended and see what its like to splice:biggrin:

limelight, imori, p.i and blue moon are all 11.7, not realy much to notice in usage tho. possible just the same rope in a different colour.

limelight is a buxtons speciality. the imori is a fletcher stewart import so any of their dealers will have them, but methinks its only a hank package.

P.I is a sherril tree speciality, treeworker has it, along with the 13mm pro-stripe and yellow jacket by yale.

I will try and explain the different ropes mentioned:

Blaze is a totally different rope to Posion Ivy and all other ropes mentioned. It is classed as 11mm 24-Strand and is EN1891(B). This was Yales first 11mm Climbing Line.

Regarding Poison Ivy (American Version) and Blue Moon these are the same rope 11.7mm 24-strand and carry no CE Mark and will not pass CE Tests.

Poison Ivy (CE Version) and Limelight are the same rope. To pass CE they have a different construction inner core than the American Version. these are 11.7mm 24-Strand EN1891(A). This rope is available in various colours around the World. Poison Ivy belongs to Sherrills, Limelight belongs to Bishops, Blue Tongue belongs to Cannings, we can carry on.

Fletcher Stewart had the choice to bring along another version of this rope and name it what we liked, but we opted to improve and bring you something different in the form of IMORI. Now Imori is the same construction as CE Poison Ivy but with the added feature and benefit of a fluffed fibre to bulk the rope out to feel like a 13mm. This rope is actually 12mm 24-strand EN1891(A).

Hope this explains???

Nigel: thank you very much for the highly informaive reply. Has highlighted a few features in my mind.

I'm after a slightly bulkier feel to a rope. The imori really ticks the boxes.

My next question is: does anyone have any information with regards working life / longevity of the imori after it's obvious different construction process. Any difference? Wears quicker?

Many thanks in advance.

My local Chainsaw dealer is now a fletcher Stewart dealership so I will pop in and MAKE him order some Imori for me to get my paws on.