Scam averted - Police Magazines

roseyweb

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a run of them a few years back after I agreed to support a local kids charity, one of them when told I was'nt supporting anymore charities as I was peed off with people ringing every couple of days told me his mate worked for a company that could stop the calls, "oh right" says I all innocence, gave me his mates number, but then said when told him I was'nt interested I couldnt ring his mate and get my number removed, told him that was very interesting as I already knew about the TPS and it being a free service and that I now had his name his mates name and name of supposed charity and would be passing details on too trading standards he couldnt get off the phone quick enough :thumbup1:

we had one last christmas from the 'police' doing a drink drive awareness booklet

(why a tree surgeon would want to advertise in it is anyones guess ??)

i said to the guy that i wasn't bothered thanks..

"WHAT !!!! not bothered about stopping drink driving !!!!!"

and gave me a 10 minute speech about the dangers of drink driving.

peed off with him going on at me i said "why wold i stop drink driving, how am i supposed to get home from the pub on a saturday night"...( i only live 100ft from our village local)

he went off his head :) :) ranting down the phone at me...if i didn't advertise he was passing my details onto the local force to get me !!!!!

p.s. for those on here with NO sense of humour.. i DO NOT drink and drive.....lol

• 3 weeks later...
Heard of a few getting this and all from Liverpool tell you what always works for me with whoever on the phone trying to sell me something I tell them I'm a gypsy and live in a caravan they always leave me alone after that

but what if they say 'me too!' and ask wheres your settlement!