3120xp oil mix?

rapidlee

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mostly because my boss tells me to and its his saw. I think its on advice from someone who uses theirs alot and because the 880 got scorred on 50:1, rebuilt and then seized. We also try to empty the fuel tank then run the saw till it dies before it goes away because it doesnt get a great deal of use. I think this is to stop a build up of 2stroke in the carb when fuel evaporates out of the carb but Im not sure.

The 395 and the Alpine magnum are also run on a more oily mix.

Mostly because my boss tells me to and its his saw. I think its on advice from someone who uses theirs alot and because the 880 got scorred on 50:1, rebuilt and then seized. We also try to empty the fuel tank then run the saw till it dies before it goes away because it doesnt get a great deal of use. I think this is to stop a build up of 2stroke in the carb when fuel evaporates out of the carb but Im not sure.

The 395 and the Alpine magnum are also run on a more oily mix.

Cool, Thanks for the info, Always interesting to hear different situations/experiences :001_cool:

:sneaky2:i said earlier 50:1 xp oil is what i use but does anyone know what oil is used in aspen mix sorry to highjack thread:sneaky2:

You may find it very hard to get the answer to that, as i understand it, its a VERY closely guarded secret:sneaky2:

We also try to empty the fuel tank then run the saw till it dies before it goes away

I wonder what others think to this practice as i always cringe when i hear a saw run dry, as its not only starving of fuel, but also oil?

I have heard of this done before, but surely its not good to run a saw short of lube every time its used?

I wonder what others think to this practice as i always cringe when i hear a saw run dry, as its not only starving of fuel, but also oil?

I have heard of this done before, but surely its not good to run a saw short of lube every time its used?

I think the same also.

It isnt good to run a saw lean/dry.

But, I do it all the time when using the saws ie it runs out of juice which I find out when it starts running lean.

Difference though I suppose is stopping the saw straight away and not getting the last dreggs out of the tank.

We run ours on 35:1 so thats 150ml of oil in 5 litres of petrol.

Yours all fixed up then?

yep she is all ready to rock. got a big oak to strip and fell next week. so it will be good to get some use out of it.

cheers to all for the input