School holidays.

Mick Stockbridge

Every year about this time my phone goes quiet. I have around two weeks work in front of me atm which is a bit worrying because it's quite a bit less than years gone by.

Are any other small time outfits experiencing the same lack of work as me at atm?

On the plus side aint it nice when the roads are quiet cos the lazy sprogs aint being driven to school:thumbup1:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the reason why everyone goes quiet is because people are spending money on there kids with them not being at school.. or choosing to spend money on a holiday aboard. between may - july are busy times then backend of august to octorber. are busy the rest of the year theres work that comes in week by week.

my way is to graft my a**e off through may to july so im stable for the quiet months

yes quiet times now.......... watch out jan 2011 when VAT goes up to 20% thats worrying. as the 1 year wonders (people with a little trailer and chainsaw that will fell a tree for a fraction of the price ) will wreck the Arb industry. Fingers Crossed that we will be okay

i have loads on just now Mick, thats because i just work myself and get a hand once a week usually. If i was running a 3 man squad then i would be worried, i used to get more calls the first few days in August than i did all July. Priorities change while kids are off, and quite right too lol.

Domestic work has slowed right down round here, For the reasons that have been pointed out already.

I cant wait til the kids go back to school, Then the little gits cant throw bricks at you or just hang around giving you grief because they are bored :sneaky2: