Sad day

rovers90

This is Meg, the nicest dog I have ever come across. She belongs to a farmer friend of mine called Ian who lets us shoot clays on his land every fortnight. I have probably seen Meg on a regular basis for the last seven years or so, she has a very gentle nature, looks and acts extremely intelligently and when you stop stroking her she will just give you a gentle nudge with her nose to ask for more.

Last year when I was made redundant, Ian offered me work on the farm doing odd jobs, gardening and repairing dry stone walls. I ended up working there on average two days a week from May until October and there were days when Meg hardly left my side - she would just lay down a few feet away and keep an eye on me.

Why am I telling you this? Last June Meg had a lump on her front left leg which was diagnosed as cancer and removed. She has been fine until a few weeks ago when the lump came back and the vet confirmed it was cancer again and it has probably spread. I have just come back from the farm with a heavy heart as Ian is going to have Meg put to sleep in the next day or two. She has been his faithfull sheep dog for thirteen years, the best he has ever had he said this afternoon.

R.I.P. Meg

5976576ed6494_MEG2.jpg.12ab72431b7b3ffcf3a98d5826c9b0ea.jpg

This is Meg, the nicest dog I have ever come across. She belongs to a farmer friend of mine called Ian who lets us shoot clays on his land every fortnight. I have probably seen Meg on a regular basis for the last seven years or so, she has a very gentle nature, looks and acts extremely intelligently and when you stop stroking her she will just give you a gentle nudge with her nose to ask for more.

Last year when I was made redundant, Ian offered me work on the farm doing odd jobs, gardening and repairing dry stone walls. I ended up working there on average two days a week from May until October and there were days when Meg hardly left my side - she would just lay down a few feet away and keep an eye on me.

Why am I telling you this? Last June Meg had a lump on her front left leg which was diagnosed as cancer and removed. She has been fine until a few weeks ago when the lump came back and the vet confirmed it was cancer again and it has probably spread. I have just come back from the farm with a heavy heart as Ian is going to have Meg put to sleep in the next day or two. She has been his faithfull sheep dog for thirteen years, the best he has ever had he said this afternoon.

R.I.P. Meg

my thoughts go out to you , im now looking at my two collies and and appreciating every moment ! even when they try to killl the neighbours cat !

I reckon Meg lived a glorious life - if all too short.

She lived exactly the way a working dog should - things to do, people to look after.

If we had a chance to serve our purpose to the extent that Meg probably served hers, we would jump at the chance!

Sorry to hear of the loss, but heartened to know of a dog that lead a proper life.

Dee

Sorry to hear that mate, i admit i probably get more attached to a dog than i would to a human... when they've gone its like your lost. Having a dog for company all the time and then for it not to be there, its painful stuff. I know how you feel mate... Chin up, like others have said its good to know a dogs led a happy life.