Sad day

rovers90

Sorry to hear that....dogs specially collies have such tremendous energy and personality. Having lost a few myself I console myself with remembering the fabulous quality of life they give you. Meg had a great life...Be happy that it was with you.

Sorry to hear the news, i too have a dog called meg, she is a whippet collie cross about 12 yrs old. i rescued her from a dogs home when she was about 18 mths old. she has been very faithfull at all times, Earlier this year tho she has gone blind in both eyes, i must admit i take more care and fuss over her more than even my own kids, strange but thats the way it is.

i know where you are coming from,my parents only 4 days ago had their border collie[nell] of 12 years put to sleep,she was diabetic,she went blind in one eye and her organs started to fail.

i have 2 daughters 9 and 6,they grew up with that dog and loved her very much

Thank you to every one for their very kind comments and you are all correct - Meg had a great life, lived in a beautiful location, was never tied up (hence went on hunting patrols in the middle of the night but dont tell Ians neighbours!) loved her work and looked after people as well as her fellow collie Molly.

She will certainly live long in my memories for the good times we had together.

A few lines from a poem;

"there are men both good and wise, who hold in a future state

dumb creatures we have cherished here below,

they shall give us joyous greeting as we pass the golden gate, is it folly that I hope it may be so;

for never man had friend more endearing to the end, truer mate of every turn of time and tide, should I think we'd meet again, it would lighten half my pain"

A few lines from a poem;

"there are men both good and wise, who hold in a future state

dumb creatures we have cherished here below,

they shall give us joyous greeting as we pass the golden gate, is it folly that I hope it may be so;

for never man had friend more endearing to the end, truer mate of every turn of time and tide, should I think we'd meet again, it would lighten half my pain"

great little post.

Sorry to hear of the loss my friend, there is no bond greater than one mans and his dog.

they are truly special friends.:001_cool: