Who has got a Big Shot???

Tommy_B

I used to use the very same set-up with my big-shot but I found two problems with it.

1. The strap of the pouch would snag on the eye of the quick-release snaplink.

2. The lateral pull on the release pin of the snaplink would sometimes cause the over-all aim of the bigshot to be less than accurate.

I went back to just pull, aim and let go.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to use the very same set-up with my big-shot but I found two problems with it.

1. The strap of the pouch would snag on the eye of the quick-release snaplink.

2. The lateral pull on the release pin of the snaplink would sometimes cause the over-all aim of the bigshot to be less than accurate.

I went back to just pull, aim and let go.

I found that if you hold your hand around pole of the BigShot and take the tension on the line when you fire, it stops the "pull" of the release throwing the shot off. If that makes sense.

I use one and to be honest without the feel of the tension I'm pretty sure I would be a lot less accurate.

Have you tried a set up similar to this? Or just the normal way?:001_smile:

I think if you use them for a while, you can judge the tension by the lenght of the cradle can't you?

I found that if you hold your hand around pole of the BigShot and take the tension on the line when you fire, it stops the "pull" of the release throwing the shot off. If that makes sense.

Ahh. Clever......very clever.

That had never actually occured to me. :blushing:

I love them, but I am yet to find someone here who uses them.

We had one on my course and one of the lads was still up the tree at the end of lunch so he got blasted by apples and whatever would splatter on the stem in front of him. Was a good laugh!:lol:

The accuracy is fantastic and they can come in handy for those tight sites where you don't have a lot of room to swing your throwline.

• 4 months later...