Any one on here using the ms 362...?

Rich Rule

I used Ady's the other day, and once the damaged blade had been sorted,ish, it cut really well and fast. Had a 361 next to it and you could feel the pull on the 362. good saw i reckon.

Edit- to run a 20" on it up a tree might be a bit slow...thats its max bar lenght, and since putting a 16" bar on my 361 i can feel the difference, so for climbing with maybe a bigger saw would be a better option, like what Matty was saying with speed of cut.

Edited by tommer9

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what if a new state of the art 60cc is as good as your 2 year old 70cc??

mattyf, i have no doubt for a second that you have a bucket load experience more than me,,, am just playing devils advocate..[/quote

Its the power, if i am on spikes ringing down i want a saw that will carry a 18-24" bar no worries and i can do the job fast and effective or if i want a saw that will get through the cut fast enough,I have never found a 60cc saw that can do that in a tree apart from the 262xp and that is over 13 years old now and never too reliable,ms460, 441 or 372, 576 fits the bill perfect for the job 24" bar on these saws are no probs and beats handling a 66 or 395 ,any saw apart from the 200ts and 338's with 12" and double cuts for the rest ,saws for stuff smaller are for forrestry but thats just imo,I am not saying i dont use 60cc saws in a tree but its only if the 70+ saws have been left in the workshop.

thats just me though ad 15 i am sure and know of people that will reach for the ms 260-346 0r 361-357 but does not work for me though, you do what feels best for you ,but i am sure in riches postion the 441 is the way forward.

441 with a 20inch bar on it i find a 25 a bit slow.

i wanted a 361 when i was first going to buy a saw i had it in my head that was the saw i was going to have. i went to salex went to honey brothers to buy the 361 now when i got there told them what i was after first saw etc every one on that stand (people that worked for them and even people that didnt that where standing about drinking beer ) told me just to go for a 441 for the same reasons matty just said and at the time it was a extra 40 pound for a bigger saw. i would never buy a saw now less than a 441

441 with a 20inch bar on it i find a 25 a bit slow.

i wanted a 361 when i was first going to buy a saw i had it in my head that was the saw i was going to have. i went to salex went to honey brothers to buy the 361 now when i got there told them what i was after first saw etc every one on that stand (people that worked for them and even people that didnt that where standing about drinking beer ) told me just to go for a 441 for the same reasons matty just said and at the time it was a extra 40 pound for a bigger saw. i would never buy a saw now less than a 441[/quote

60cc saws still have there place though felling and limbing medium small tree's i would not ant any thing else,just in a tree i want more power... i dont understand the 260 ,346 thing .. if you can carry it all day they come in to there own i suppose but then if i was man enough to carry my 372 in the woods all day ,i would!

Good choice Rich. Just found this in the Stihl brochure -

'Congratulations and thanks for choosing the new generation Stihl MS441. The saw will require a running in period. For this, we suggest using it on a large Poplar in Kent, preferably whilst climbing. To retain your manufacturers warranty from Andreas Stihl and Co., no financial reward to yourself can be accepted during this very important running in period'.

Happy running in.:thumbup: