Your vehicle of choice???

Logrover

here's my 90. year 2000 td5.

Smart looking Defender Adam. The more Land Rovers I see on here, the more I want another. After a few series motors and then four 90s I changed to a Freelander 2 years ago which is a lovely motor (apart from the fact its in the garage at the minute having a new fuel sensor and wiring harness fitted after conking out on Friday - I'll be best part of £500 lighter by Wednesday night!!!"@@@***!!!!) but just isn't a Defender. As I am setting up a firewood business I am hankering after a hi cap.

FREDDIE.jpg.0db8b507e736f982795ff6b80fd358a4.jpg

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

cheers robert , reading a lot of not good things on that series of transit though... but they are half the price of a 130 landy thats ten years younger and it does what i want so am pretty happpy with it for now... any vehicle if used in this job is going to get wrecked imo.

Matty what the hell do you do to them to kill transmission that fast!!!!????? That very impressive lol

problem i have is if i have an off road vehicle I will get child like and spend a few hours or more every night and a sunday testing it to the limits!! they are good fun,but my last 90 pick up i killed the trans mission diffs and dented every panel and lost serious money onlyafter 2 months ,sold it to a mate who put a rangrover v8 and transmission in,he sold the engine on and tha t blew after about 5 miles so glad i didnt get the rest fixed!!...good fun whilst it lasted though, i find the old l200's not so capable though but still a good work horse,

yep this type of work can wreck a motor. IMO i think the secret is owner opperator as if it just "feels" not right you get it checked and fixed, this in turn stops the big bills as you tend to catch repairs before they escalate.

problem i have is if i have an off road vehicle I will get child like and spend a few hours or more every night and a sunday testing it to the limits!! they are good fun,but my last 90 pick up i killed the trans mission diffs and dented every panel and lost serious money onlyafter 2 months ,sold it to a mate who put a rangrover v8 and transmission in,he sold the engine on and tha t blew after about 5 miles so glad i didnt get the rest fixed!!...good fun whilst it lasted though, i find the old l200's not so capable though but still a good work horse,

I hear ya:thumbup1::blushing:

yep this type of work can wreck a motor. IMO i think the secret is owner opperator as if it just "feels" not right you get it checked and fixed, this in turn stops the big bills as you tend to catch repairs before they escalate.

This is so true. I reckon that as soon as a squeak appears then get it fixed and it wil be not too bad, leave it go at your peril. I have been in debt to my garage for years now. I nearly cleared it all last month, but have just had the rear diff re-shimmed, so now owe them again:001_rolleyes:

Haha- i have no love ofit- its a tool that costs me money lol.

Heres a few from the one time i took it to aplay site with my bro who is into that sorta thing. I turned up with a bent trackrod, which we straightened a few times, and my bro left, and olly (my boy) persuaded me to go through the puddle in the 3rd pic. To cut a long story short that cost me half shafts and cv joints and a new winch wire and loads of work in the mud.....never again- i get enough of it from work......

Theres 8 inches of water in that secong pic in the footwell. It stank for ages.:laugh1: The water ended up over the sides of the doors....YUK

02082008043.jpg.4e50994fcea0f480672967bfc7d56099.jpg

02082008044.jpg.ab8104600e0803bc0b2d0d83345ca01a.jpg

02082008045.jpg.925645e951afd33635070fcceea4af41.jpg

Haha- it was a fuken nightmare mate. My landy is totally geared up for work- the back is too light for the solidness of the suspension (the heaviest duty standard set up i could find) and there is no articulation in the axle. When loaded its awesome- the suspension starts to work, but obviously loaded means reduced ground clearance, which isnt so good when playing around in a quarry......