When can you justify buying a processor?

AJR Firewood

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just submitted a grant to our local business development agency - One NorthEast - on a fast track basis and should receive an answer in next 8 days, fingers crossed! Whether any of this will happen or not I have no idea as One NorthEast is one of the agencys the government has decided to close down.:001_smile:

The man we get our timber of says,dont you go getting one of those processer things aswell. I have enough trouble supplying the other boys.Think about this.Not all the timber grows straight and the last load of hardwood that came here there was nothing under 12".And he says he is not sorting it out for anyone.

Maybe I'm just full of youth and energy but I find something satisfying about working the axe and chainsaw for a good couple of hours. Nothing beats seeing my stockpile of logs slowly grow :thumbup:

Per the hour, you can't complain about the pay! And on the plus side - no need for gym membership :001_cool:

Maybe I'm just full of youth and energy but I find something satisfying about working the axe and chainsaw for a good couple of hours. Nothing beats seeing my stockpile of logs slowly grow :thumbup:

Per the hour, you can't complain about the pay! And on the plus side - no need for gym membership :001_cool:

Bless ........ just kidding :biggrin: ... belive me, chopping and lugging wood around does not keep you fit

get a second hand processor, if its bent and big split it on the splitter first then put the cord onto the processor and it cuts and loads, its still easir than chainsaw and splitter, ive started with an axe and saw and i finally found this is the way to go, you dont need to spend 8 grand on a processor, sure i buy wood in if i can but i get wood off my jobs as well. everybody seems to moan about doing logs on here but at the end of the day if you dont like it then dont do it. simples, in it.:001_smile:

Bless ........ just kidding :biggrin: ... belive me, chopping and lugging wood around does not keep you fit

Believe me chopping and splitting firewood does keep you fit Dave. But I think you need to do it your self rather than watch someone else :biggrin: only kidding

if your worried about narly wood then get a dalen more money but more machine and can easily handle most things

also i don't think anyone has mentioned the added costs as everything gets bigger

so ideally you need a loader tractor and telehandler to handle the processed wood

and to get the processor working at its best you either need a log deck or a second person

if you have a logdeck you need a machine to load it if an extra person you need to pay there wages