Working in London

Jeremy

hi all, I am currently considering a move to london for a couple of years as work in the southwest seems to be pretty slow and limited.

I have applied for a job with Gristwood and toms working from either the ealing or croydon depot.

Can anyone who works or has worked for this company enlighten me into what they are like to work for, the type of work and pay etc...

Cheers Jez

Do you have a stab jacket for Croydon? Have you also tried City and Suburban. They now have the Kensington and Chelsea contract. I think the way to work for these guys is to get a crappy pick up truck, work for them during the day and pick up private work to supplement the poor wages.

Do not do privates during their time as you will get sacked!

Do you have a stab jacket for Croydon? Have you also tried City and Suburban. They now have the Kensington and Chelsea contract. I think the way to work for these guys is to get a crappy pick up truck, work for them during the day and pick up private work to supplement the poor wages.

Do not do privates during their time as you will get sacked!

gristwoods dont have the croydon contract city and suburban do.

Gristwood run sutton,bromley,southwark, bexley contract from croydon

hi all, I am currently considering a move to london for a couple of years as work in the southwest seems to be pretty slow and limited.

I have applied for a job with Gristwood and toms working from either the ealing or croydon depot.

Can anyone who works or has worked for this company enlighten me into what they are like to work for, the type of work and pay etc...

Cheers Jez

I've just finished a year long stint as Tree Inspector for Ealing where, as you say, G&T are the fixed term Contractor.

I can't comment about the pay rates and employee conditions etc, but from a client's perspective they are very good (obviously, I have only dealt with the Ealing team). The area manager and contract manager are genuinely passionate about the arb' industry and their work and H&S standards are very good.

If you do decide to work for one of the big firms, then you could do a lot worse than G&T. Also worth considering, are City Suburban (although the way that the bonus scheme used to work meant H&S standards sometimes left a bit to be desired) and Connick's (I haven't used them much, but the work that they done for me was always pretty good).

PM me if you want anything more specific about Ealing. C'est MY Borough :sneaky2: