NFUseless

armchairarborist

wanted another quote for covering chipper etc, tried among others NFU, they said they would call back weeks ago and didnt help at all, today nipped into local office and wasted loads of time waiting to be told they dont actually cover chippers etc unless i have other insurance policies with them, guy said he had turned away 3 other arbs in last month too, dont think i'll ever call them again for anything..:thumbdown:

Different offices mate, depends on the staff in there i think.

I have all my kit with them, about 6 different policies in total, but I'm a little stuck with them now as no one else can come anywhere near on price.

Our local office is always spot on too when ever you ring.

My chipper is insured with them too:thumbup1:

Edited by 18 stoner
sp

Depends MASSIVELY on who you speak to Ed, I rang an office local (ish) to me when i was insuring the LDV and they were REALLY bad, didnt ring back, didnt seem botherd on the phone, were useless to say the least,

I rang the national number and spoke to someone in Scotland and they were great, Really helpful and were the best for price by a fair bit, Madness really

I left them when they imposed a 10m height restriction on my policy.

Whilst they have been great in the past for various insurances, I would definately read the small print on your arb policy and check that you are covered for real tree work.

They have covered my chipper before no bother.

The variation between different offices can be vast though, as Mr. Stoner says.

iv got my 3 trucks with them and my chippers tools container stump grinder. Im with the guildford office and i can say they are the most helpfull people i deal with. I had a big claim a few years back on my unimog and chipper paid very quick no bover at all.