stress relief

Stephen Blair

hi Guys, a sunday is the perfect day to destress your life, i dont mean leaving the house like a bombsite and going around shopping centres with the wife and kids and letting other human beings frustrate you.

I mean de clutter the house and car, a good tidy up and clear out will do wonders to your stress levels. Clear out the cuttlery drawer, if its like mine it jams, and gets stuck because its full of old coins, ikea spares, carry out menus, old mobile phones and the dreaded phone chargers that havent been used for years. Get a box and put a date on it 1 year from now, chuck all the junk in and put up the loft, if you dont open it within a year then bin it.

Today i am going to get some boxes and a hose reel, i have been too tight to buy an automatic hose real for years, but everyday i get in a rage uncoiling the cinked hose to wash out the dogs, then it gets caught round the tyres of the van as i pull out too much, it drives me nuts. :blushing:

I am also going to buy a key hook rather than a bowl and get the boys a bit to hang their jackets to save them hanging over doors and handles and then driving me even more nuts.

If you have an irratable nature like me dont worry you are not alone, its the most common nature to have in the modern western world, just try and learn how to control it, think positive( while doing this my youngest has just pulled out the wi-fi lead) staying calm the best i can and count to 10:001_rolleyes:

stop over thinking everything, there isnt a million things wrong with your life, its the fact that you THINK there is a million things wrong, thats the problem.

I can have the best day in the world but when i go to bed i will worry about the look someone gave me at the traffic lights that day, or maybe i havent walked the dogs enough, maybe i was too strict with the kids at the dinner table, the list is endless BUT then i think to myself, wait a minute thats just a microscopic part of the day, i will take the dogs a longer walk and learn to be a bit more patient at tea time tomorrow and think of all the good things i have achieved today.

Dont worry about the event, problem solve the situation and find a solution. It could be as simple a carboard box for junk or clearing out the bit you hang up your jackets, you know the place where all the jackets you never wear are underneath and the good jacket you wear everyday is hanging by a whisker so the second you open the door or walk past it falls on the ground:laugh1:

stay chilled guys and have a great day:thumbup:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

good post Stevie, i try and keep my house tidy to make it easier to find things and it keeps a calmer atmosphere,

anyway i have just flung all my tools loose in the back of the Landy with all the other rubbish, strimmers, saws clothes etc and im going out hay mowing and tedding now, hopefully i will be back in before 11 tonight, so enjoy your Sundays guys, If im still chilled at 11pm tonight it will be a miricle.

You know what Stevie, you hit the nail well and truly on the head with this. Its something so simple and overlooked, yet all adds to the bigger scheme of things, and the stress from starting the day badly with a jammed drawer will boil up at the next niggley thing, until some dipstick does something wrong on site and the fuse blows.

Stevie, I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments

BUT

I think that from around 3pm onward today, theremay be some (southerly) colleagues whose stress levels may reach new heights!

All the best for today lads. :thumbup: