Be careful out there!

RobRainford

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what all you tough guys think about sun cream but i always slap on a factor 30 twice a day. Think of the future skin cancer isn't a laugh a minute!! Sorry for the serious moment but know someone that has had it.

Snap! A good tip is to put the sunscreen on before you get dressed in the morning to make sure you get good coverage. :001_cool:

I went to a mate's BBQ yesterday, had all day Sun Cream factor 30 on, playing football (or attempting to) in the sun all day. No shirt on. Didn't get burnt at all. Great stuff. Costs a bit more than others out there, But there is nothing worse than trying to re-apply suncream when you're covered in sawdust!!!

Ha ha ha you're not wrong there. Everything sticks to you like the proverbial to a blanket from the first application so second application is a bit of a problem, but as i'm a fat lad and sweat a lot i feel i should re-apply as it all washes off!! Mainly into my eyes which makes them sting and then you can't see properly but hey ho you can't have everything can you.

RIGHT ! -Now, be careful abt this ! DO NOT ! Go drinking huge quantities of water ! From my clubbing experiences * cough* ( And viewing toxicology reports ) and working as you all do also in this blistering heat, drinking loads of water can be lethal, your body won't know what to do with it-and it will screw up yr electrolytes balance - Drink those sport drinks, or add salt to yr weak fruit flavoured water an small amounts only. Tiz far better to cool yr neck an rinse yr mouth, then sip yr drink after youve got yr breath back ( in the shade ) I won't bombard you with links and facts and reports, just give yr body an easier time and take care ,kx

Track paramedics treat more people from over drinking water than they do for dehydration.

you DO need to drink plenty of water though,, 3 litres just isn't enough, the KEY though is to make sure you are replacing the salts and minerals too,,

telling everyone not to drink alot of water is a bit scaremongering khriss,,, if you're going to say something like that then please give quantities,,,,, ie 3 litres is not enough,,, 7-8 litres is better... 15 litres is probably too much...

you DO need to drink plenty of water though,, 3 litres just isn't enough, the KEY though is to make sure you are replacing the salts and minerals too,,

telling everyone not to drink alot of water is a bit scaremongering khriss,,, if you're going to say something like that then please give quantities,,,,, ie 3 litres is not enough,,, 7-8 litres is better... 15 litres is probably too much...

Mate -Honestly , this isn't scare mongering -its why clubs wont give you pints of water anymore-I can't be prescriptive abt this because every body is different -bodyweights and work duration and suchlike, but gobbing huge quantities of water is dangerous-do research it if yr not sure.

Kx

-do research it if yr not sure.

Kx

I am sure, i've done research and plenty of it,,, comes with previous jobs ahem...:001_tt2:

as with anything,,, in moderation it's fine,, like i said before,, 3 litres is not enough, 15 is too much,, in between is what's needed,

otherwise you are saying don't drink water,,,, you need to replace what you are loosing with sweat,, so if you loose 2 pints to sweat, you need to replace that but the key is the salts and minerals..