they come in threes...

chris cnc

in the last three days i have had five inquiries, which i am very very pleased about as it has been quiet the last couple of weeks (it appears that as soon as it starts raining, the phone stops ringing). these three were funny though:

1- conifer hedge, insisted on an "estimate" over the phone, even after i'd arranged the free quote for later on the same day!

2- fella wanted two prices, one for a fell, and one for a thin/ reduce, presumably in case he couldn't afford the fell... asked if i could just drive past the house and phone him back to give him the price as the tree is in the front garden. sorted!

3- someone texted me asking for a price for "removal of two 11ft conifers", didn't even leave a name or address haha.

not complaining though! not braggin either, im just pleased that im gettin some work and wanted to share!

:thumbup:

Pleased for you chris, its a buzz when the phone starts ringing! :001_smile:

Never never give a price over the phone. I refuse no matter what. Just explain that there are far too many variables to be accurate and one persons idea of a "big" tree can be alot diffrent to anothers and that quotes are free. good times:thumbup1:

I did a job last year and never even spoke to or saw the client- it went like this..

Email via website - 'can you give me a price for grinding stump in front garden - address etc.'

I emailed back to say I'd look at it next day and email price.

Did all that and he agreed (via email) and said he'd transfer the money into my bank.

Did the job, emailed him, happy reply from him and money was in my bank.

Only paperwork was copy of emails for my accountant. Job done

Nice one chris same here just when you start worrying jobs seem to pop up at the minute

I've had some funny calls too some woman askin if some bloke works for me then kickin off sayin I'm lying weirdo then someone asking if I pulled up wantin to cut his tree down the other day kept callin me bonny lad then to top it off got some lad who just left college wanting a job sorry had nothing for him but then proceeded to tell me "am proper mint though ya nar love grafting just want a couple of days a week though"

thanks for the encouragement:thumbup1:

rang text client back but they had already had the job done, ok no worries i said, the woman on the phone then proceeded to take my contact details :confused1:

some connie hedge topping, little eucalyptus dismantle, and an acer thin reduce.

hope i get the jobs haha

contacts building up too, local odd job/ handyman has started passing my name on for tree work.

sold some logs aswel! ok ll shut up now im starting to sound a bit cocky haha