Changing ride on tyres

ukminch

Any advice on changing tyres on a ride on mower. Got two new tyres but the local tyre place doesn't want to touch them as they're to small:sneaky2:

They're tubless and I can't see it being a major headache.......

R

our local ATS had no probs with doing tyres for us whether ordering new tyres, repairing punctures etc

I'm sure that the mower shop would do it, but that will involve wasting a lot of time, that could hopefully be better spent doing it myself...... We'll see!!

As for ATS well they used to do them for me, until they caused me a lot of problems once so I now refuse to give them a penny of my hard earned cash.

Cheers for the advice

R

Tyres are dead easy to take off and on its breaking the bead that is hard..

All I do is lay the wheel and tyre flat on a board on the ground and drive the front wheel of the truck over the tyre going as close to the rim as possible, this normally pulls the tyre down off the rim.

Dont do this on a good tyre btw

Tyres are dead easy to take off and on its breaking the bead that is hard..

All I do is lay the wheel and tyre flat on a board on the ground and drive the front wheel of the truck over the tyre going as close to the rim as possible, this normally pulls the tyre down off the rim.

Dont do this on a good tyre btw

i lay mmy mog wheels on the logsplitter with a piece of 4 x 2 on the side of the tyre then just pull the leve :thumbup: easy

or another sugesion for breaking the bead is a bottle jack on the side wall and the jack onto the bumper of a truck or something

also i think washing upliquid is meant to be good to help get them back on