Get out the way please

Dean Lofthouse

Did a Horsechestnut take down today that overhangs a few gardens.

The usual happened where everyone comes out and gawps at what you are doing.

Normally they stay a safe distance, albeit normally down wind in line of the saw dust cloud :001_smile:

This guy, bless him was 91 and wanted to get close in on the action, standing right under branches I was roping down etc, the job took twice as long as it was supposed to because I'm too nice to tell him to bog off out the way :001_rolleyes:

Eventually he wandered off up his garden which allowed us to crack on. I'll remember to add " Watch out for senile 91 year old" in risk ass next time

Neigbours can be a pain sometimes, I do like a gab but there's limited time for that

Image0231.jpg.3bfe9660481262e575d4d58434ce4c2b.jpg

Image0230.jpg.f510d55b794ddc6db5f02475032b0d50.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just find it a bit awkward asking someone to move in their own garden. My granddad used to stand right behind my when cutting up firewood on the saw horse, and even pick it up as I was sawing it. He was told loads of times not to stand there even got hit by flying wood a couple of times.

Had a guy not to long ago walk up to chipper with a bit of brash and chucked it through:scared1: When the climber looked down shouting over the loud noise as to who is doing that I ran to see him dragging more brash to chuck in. so I had to rev down the chipper and eventually turn it off to tell him he cant do that etc.

I know he was being helpful and all that but cmon:001_rolleyes:

I just find it a bit awkward asking someone to move in their own garden.

Their garden becomes my site as soon as the saws start, Id be the one getting sued if they get hammerd by a branch, So for their own good, They get told, nicely but firmly to move :biggrin:

Their garden becomes my site as soon as the saws start, Id be the one getting sued if they get hammerd by a branch, So for their own good, They get told, nicely but firmly to move :biggrin:

I alway tell them just awkward hate it when people let their children play in the garden your working in even if it is at the other end.And the wont move when you tell them and the parents don't seemed bothered.

But to him you are only a wipper snapper Liam and beside that he'd probably deck you with his zimmer

To be honest if hes 91 id be charging 4 times what i would normally so id just put up with him and think of the money :lol::lol: