Lifespan of O2O/200T

Mark Bolam

i've had mine for 5-6 years, but i didn't use it for two years and when i was around i wasn't using it that much. i'm sure i've only bought two new chains for it. thats i'm thinking it might be worth changing the carby on it even though the mechanic thinks otherwise. i think it broke due to lack of use if anything.

Similar to the caritool harness clip, I've fixed a carabiner to my harness with the gate removed; so basically an open hook. The bungee strop is set up the 'wrong' way round - choked onto the harness and attached to the saw-ring with a regular carabiner. The carabiner on the saw-ring drops sweetly into the open hook. Always works effortlessly one-handed. You can take the saw off the hook everytime without even looking at it and putting it back takes only a glance.

I have the none strechy tool strop and have carabiner on either end of it. one clips to your harness the other on the metal bit on saw. Then when you want the saw close just lift it up and clip the carabiners together. Job done.

Doing this not only looks after your saw but can make you feel more steady and confident wen branch walking as the saw isnt swinging round like a pendulum underneath you making you feel off balance.

• 1 month later...

I like nailers idea, very user friendly. I notice alot of comments here about find it easier to branch walk with the saw clipped up. I find i can often use the saw to aid my balance when branch walking if it is hanging in the right place

I find i can often use the saw to aid my balance when branch walking if it is hanging in the right place

:thumbup1:

Same here.

That's why I wish stihl would make the back end a bit more ergonomic so it doesn't catch and get jammed as much.

I was going to design an add on that would make it a bit more pointy like the husky top handle, but I soon realised I have no design skills, I can't engineer it myself and I don't have the cash to make it!

So I have to resort to giving it a good yanking now and then.:thumbup: