My Ride

liamjordan

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations on passing your test. Nice truck you got there. I would suggest getting a winch bumper and getting it mounted more between the chassis rails. as that looks to be above them and not well fixed on. You could take the Winch tray and weld the bumpers sections to it to allow you to drop it down between the rails for it to be stronger.

Climbing is great fun.

Bad news on the insurance, i managed to be abit sneaky and get mine for £800! Although my Vito is costing me £150 a month at the moment. Its rubbish not having any "no claims bonus" and only holding a lisence for 10months.

Get a 200tdi in there, you'll never look back! haha

sweet as nintey mate! i actually quite liked the N/A engines for offroading, just ploding around. i had a 71 2a when i was 17, even though it was a classic vehicle, classis vehicle status diddnt apply because i was under 25!:thumbdown: but i did manage to lower the insurance by doing no more than 499miles a year:001_smile: . . .ever noticed how cheap 2nd hand speedos are on ebay, and how easy they are to change between original and 'new' between mot's?? :biggrin:

thanks guys! great support on this forum :thumbup:

Congratulations on passing your test. Nice truck you got there. I would suggest getting a winch bumper and getting it mounted more between the chassis rails. as that looks to be above them and not well fixed on. You could take the Winch tray and weld the bumpers sections to it to allow you to drop it down between the rails for it to be stronger.

Climbing is great fun.

its well secured as it uses the same bolts (which i have replaced with high tensile ones, cus the old threads were nackered) that hold the bumper onto the chassis and two more bolts on the front face of the bumper, its strong enough for what i want to do with it, rather than splashing out lots of money on a winch bumper, plus i like the look of the standard ones :001_smile:

Some bull bars that i got for free will be going on there soon :thumbup1:

ohh nasty 4x4 owner with bull bars they kill don't you know........

Nice one on the winch. Just seems to make the front look very clogged up. I would bring the winch tray inline with the chassis rails and set it back then cut and weld the bumper on the ends. each to there own.

I think i have 90 workshop manual in the garage hardly used if it's any interest to you.

ohh nasty 4x4 owner with bull bars they kill don't you know........

Nice one on the winch. Just seems to make the front look very clogged up. I would bring the winch tray inline with the chassis rails and set it back then cut and weld the bumper on the ends. each to there own.

I think i have 90 workshop manual in the garage hardly used if it's any interest to you.

to be honest if i hit someone with that winch sticking out like that its not gunna end nicly :001_tt2: so bull bars wont change much