going to collect payment

ging

That wasnt the question, what i asked in a not so clear fashion was, I will be encouring extra overheads on a job I've quoted when I submit a bill should it reflect this or do i suck it up as a budgeting error?

do you assume I'm enough of a muppet to give a total for job £xxx plus £xx collection of payment fees?

hmmm, im sure this is a thread asking for advice but unfortunatly ya gona get d/h answers, ive never charged a customer for collecting on payment unless its really over due and they are becoming a pain in the arse wit exscuses,but like ya said if they are offering transfers then do that so it doesnt consume ya personal time, transfers only take a few days to clear rather than a dodgy bending cheque

That wasnt the question, what i asked in a not so clear fashion was, I will be encouring extra overheads on a job I've quoted when I submit a bill should it reflect this or do i suck it up as a budgeting error?

do you assume I'm enough of a muppet to give a total for job £xxx plus £xx collection of payment fees?

send your invoice in,& get her to send a cheque back ,SIMPLES :001_tt2: if you have to waite a week or two its no great shakes ,it wont break the bank will it ,its not a £50 job is it :sneaky2:

no its not a £50 quid job. £55, £60 if i put the extra diesel on. It is one of my first ventures into doing jobs for myself though, so was trying to get an idea of how to go about things.... it seems askin for extra money for collecting payment is a bad idea. everyday really is a school day.

i'm still looking for that ever elusive bit of "retrospect".

like you said every day is a learning day!

i went back to a womans house (only 3 miles away) about 5 times last year for a lousy £15 for grass cutting...

believe me i would have quite happily let her keep the money if i could have just slapped her a couple of times :boxing:

so let me guess this rite, its ya first job on ya own and so never had to collect on payments and ya ask our advice and someone calls ya a d/h ? for asking a simple question...hmmm i think it was a sensible question seeing as its ya first job and new to the bizniz side of things... good luck to ya fella and hope all goes well

sounded like a sensible question to me too. . . if a quote took half a day, youd add ÿoure time onto the job, so why not add a few quid to cover time and expense at the end of a job?

with the option of a bank transfer, id tell the customer - with a bank transfer, monies recieved within 5 working days it will be £50 (eg) if i have to come and collect in 2 weeks time, i will need to factor in the extra time i spend collecting money, when i could be earning, so it will be £60. they have the choice then, buisness is not a charity and time is money :001_smile:

p.s just ignore woodpicker, most of us do anyway :001_rolleyes: