Well Paid work... Where is it???

Brodie

Don't know if this really applies to the thread but I worked away all the time for more money but I just spent more cos I was bored kept doin this until my friend sophie died of cancer at 23 I realised I was missing out on so much moved back home and realised how rich I was not in money but with the friends I have and family you don't realise after working away for so long how good it feels hearing your best mate laugh or just talk crap I've learned to love what I've got instead of what I haven't

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

plenty big trees in Britain, plenty logging jobs in the uk, its getting out there and finding them. I am not saying dont go, i am saying know why you are going, know what you are looking for. I thought about traveling when i was younger, i did some good holidays abroad and saw some cool sights, but i always missed home, not that i had an amazing family life but i liked a base, i never wanted to travel the world with out the financial security, its just not me, so i thought why not stay here make as much money as i can and when i do go abroad i can really enjoy it, and if you carve yourself a nice life here then you dont want to leave, well thats me anyway. If you have dreams bobby then go and chase them, if you have an itch scratch it, you are only here once so enjoy it mate.:thumbup1:

brian you are as dangerous as a shag piled carpet, you go to bed or stay and try and at least once have some worth while input on this forum and dont slag off tommer, thats out of order in my book:thumbdown:

I would get outta bed for £30 a day cash and do most things i.e. basic labouring if it meant paying the bills and feeding my daughter. Personally i have set a new path of college and university so i can have a more secure future. I am bricking it as to how the hell i am going to afford it.

IMO you are setting your £ sites far to high for employment. Self employment = better pay and employment = security. It would be tough to find the both. As it has all ready been said the worse is yet to come unemployment is going to sky rocket the next couple of years.

Hope you kept the door ajar on your last occupation,cause this one will keep you broke.

am doing just fine brian, :thumbup: i'm not an idiot...

bobby,,, oohhh about 5 minutes..:biggrin:

stevie... when you coming dow here for a dose of sunshine??:lol:

Still cant belive this thread is going! some interesting points being put up on here!

My feeling is that you love or hate it blah blah blah everyone else has said it its about risk liefe is about about risk I could go self employed find forestry work and work my tits off for three times the wage im on now. but. would I want that? maybe. Do I need a change? Maybe. Can I afford to risk the change? NO Im to young to do that People my age who do the same apprentership as me say coonstantley about running there own bussiness and each to there own and all that fair play to anyone who makes it but why have the hassle at such a young age I'm personally all about moving abroad finding interesting work different people, different countries... And you only have to look at josharbs thread to see I think that is any young persons dream IMO

Good luck everyone though

Cheers bobby:blushing:

DO IT!!! i lost my 4th school mate in december, and realised there isnt 'all the time in the world' now i think 'if i were on my death bed, would i want to regret the things ive done, or regret the things i havent done?' for me it will be the things i havent done:001_smile:

everyone MAKES their own luck, its not handed on a plate:001_smile: