• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Proportions look spot on Jen.

Good work.

How long ya spent on the 'orse so far?

Merci :001_smile:

I realised halfway through that I should have timed it :blushing: but really I was just taking my time seeing how well I could do it. Spent probably about a day carving and did a little bit of sanding to it today, so hopefully will have some finished pics to post soon.

Cool carvings Jen. Thuja is great for carving eh?

Cheers, yeah tis lovely :001_smile: the cedar I've got seems to be quite wet though which makes it hard to sand, is that characteristic of the wood? Or have I just got some fairly freshly cut stuff?

Thanks for all the comments and compliments guys! Feel very flattered and a bit more confident about it all :thumbup::001_smile:

Any suggestions for more carvings to try would be gratefully received! I'm trying to stay away from the obvious for now but it's hard to find things that aren't either too obvious or too complicated.. I'm thinking of having a go at shells of some sort, any tips? :001_smile: Someone has asked for a troll so I'll have to work out how I'm doing that :001_huh:

Here's a better pic of our Easter Island Man Jen, he's getting past his best now and the wasps dug a few holes in him last year. Two years ago a round white fungus grew just under his nose, it looked as if he'd sneezed but couldn't wipe it :biggrin:

Your seahorse looks great too, what do you plan to do with them ?

5976565b10e73_oldchainsaw001.jpg.4b1dae36f9a12e6064d92e56f9e7e6f3.jpg