i know, it's been done before!!!!!!

robbo 110

£145 for 2 cu last winter . Cordwood has gone up at least £4 a tonne so far if you can get it and diesel has gone up 15 p a litre so unless I charge £160 for 2 cu metres cant see the point in doing it. I would like to charge £100 a cu for 95% beech and its dry but I dont think the market round here would stand it especially with a recession on people dont have the money in their pocket. If we have a mild winter and price of fossil fuels stays low I would price my self out of the market.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£50 per cube hardwood delivered up to 20 miles - I can only wonder at the prices stated so far with one or two exceptions.

If I asked £100 per cube the customers would die laughing!

You can only charge what your customer base will stand

cheers

mac

£100 is spot on for top end stuff around here.

Not sure how you can make money at your price TCD.

Do you process tree surgey waste or cord?

Forgot to mention, £100 is delivered around here.

Last year mine was £80 for mixed hardwood but should be worth more next year.

Regardless of recession, fuel and production costs have gone up, so in my opinion, £100 per cube delivered top quality, £90 mixed hardwood and £75 softwood.

£50 per cube hardwood delivered up to 20 miles - I can only wonder at the prices stated so far with one or two exceptions.

If I asked £100 per cube the customers would die laughing!

You can only charge what your customer base will stand

cheers

mac

Do you not think that the customer opinion is based upon what they see is an aceptable amout to pay based on what everyone else charges?

What i mean is, you should charge a rate that you want to charge (based on your overheads and profit margin, not so you are in competition with others. That is the first step in a downturn of the whole market in your area.

Supply a superior product to the competition and charge a premium price. Your turnover will be less, but your profit will be more.

My Ten

mixed hardwood £75 per cube, £120 2 cube tipper load.

mixed soft wood £60 per cube, and £100 for the tipper load

selling nets, front of house £3-50 ea

all arb waste

loads round us doing it, even got lads cutting railway sleepers up n selling a half full bulk bag for £20 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Delivered pricing around Shropshire way is around £50/m3 for loose mixed loads. A lot of bad quality wood comes out at that price, I'd be looking for £70 to £80 per m3 delivered so mid table on the rates mentioned here for my dry and clean 100% hardwood.

Although price is key to obtaining customers it all comes down to quality and service to keep them and pricing then should become less of an issue. I think I'll look at internet sales, no haggle plus no delivery cost so less hastle and pricing seems pretty standard around the £100/m3 plus freight.

Forgot to mention, £100 is delivered around here.

Last year mine was £80 for mixed hardwood but should be worth more next year.

Regardless of recession, fuel and production costs have gone up, so in my opinion, £100 per cube delivered top quality, £90 mixed hardwood and £75 softwood.

My prices are now £95 top quality, £85 mixed hardwood, and £70 softwood. Hahahaha

loads round us doing it, even got lads cutting railway sleepers up n selling a half full bulk bag for £20 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was wondering why concrete railway sleepers are the norm these day, too many derailings I guess from the missing wooden ones! :001_tongue: