New STEIN "Skywalker" Pulley

Nigel

CMI have had a version of this pulley for a few years but like most of the CMI range it is not tested or certified for PPE whereas the Stein version is. Although they may be used for the same function the design is different. We aim to bring a product to the mass arborist market not just a few.

Well my interest in the tread is because I'm in the market to buy for myself finally... Its good to have the choice as a consumer!

Matt

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a look at the pulley in the Fletcher Stewart stand. The way they had it was set up put the leg of the rope the friction hitch was on closest to you and the eye end behind it. I thought this would be interesting to try. The caribeaner attached to the eye also seemed to assist breaking the hitch when you advanced it.

The build was similar to the smaller Isc swing cheek pulley although the sheeve did not seem to spin that freely.

what was the price at the show in the end?

does it come with specifically designed krabs like the HC has the DMM ovals?

and did the new device get shown??

If all goes to plan we should be able to show you a NEW device at the ARB Show next week along with the "Skywalker".

let me see, off the top of my head to date.....

ive had 3 different makes of boots ive had issues with....my petzl sequoia waist belt ripped after a very short period, my treemotion had the known issues with it, a treemagic that also had stitching problems, ive had a falteimer cube that the rods broke on and also pierced the outer material in a relatively short space of time, ive picked up several karabiners at shows all from the well known manufacturers that probably wouldnt have undergone a rigorous loler test due to not autolocking everytime, ive had ropes that have had noticeable imperfections in them, im not sure all these things would be classed as 'cheap copies'?

all products have there niggles ,hec i buy the best trousers in the market ,strech air and the zips are the pits ,my pockets fill up with saw dust every day ,i think stein are an inovatave brand ,with just a few products that let em down imo anyway

and did the new device get shown??

Below is a picture of the mock up of the SRT system currently being developed. The hardware again is made by ISC exclusivly for STEIN. This system is still in its infancy and will be deloved further over the coming months.

P1000339a.jpg.a5763ca185f7354acb5bc1962ceb5399.jpg

Imo name on brands mean very little i todays economic world. Build quality is everything if the pulley had tescos on it and it was made well, hell id use it. Most things are made in the same facotry i.e at isc in this case. Think how many of your clothes are made in china? I think people seem to want to show off there named brands just like a new shiny car?

I own a couple of stein labeled product - pre-tension pulley and the single lowering bollard and are over the moon with the build quality and capabilities of these products.