Cracked ribs

Tree Man Tom

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Tom, I did 4 a few years ago and was told by A&E to take max doses of paracetamol and ibruprofen to ease the pain, said not to strap them as resultant shallow breathing may cause secondary lung related issues(fluid i think), gotta tough it out I'm afraid, takes about 6/8 weeks to knit, until everything hurts, don't cough, sneeze, laugh.

Sorry I couldn't give you any better news:blushing:

I broke a two of mine a couple of months ago, they went with a right pop! Got told about the breathing too so try and keep that normal. Load up on painkillers and don't go to mad at work. Mine took about 3 weeks to feel strong again.

I ve fractured an ankle, but a mate just got kick back , loging up and got a100 stitches in the face and neck. verey lucky he didnt die

Very nasty. Can I ask mate, was he standing/leaning over or across the saw when it kicked back?

So i've managed to crack a rib or two, thought id just bruised them, but turns out there cracked, and yes it sure hurts!

Worked the last couple days which was abit of a struggle but carried on, i always find the best way to deal with injury and pain is to carry on working as usual, just change the way you do things to make it a little less painfull.

Was just wondering if anyone else has had knackered ribs, and if you carried on working, what did you do to help ease the pain and get yourself through the day? :)

Cry .. Whimper and Sob ... go for the sympathy vote and milk it :biggrin:

Man up is the response my mates have given me :sneaky2: lol

Breathing, ive sure found out i gotta take that steady :001_huh: painful otherwise :thumbdown: Been taking pain killers, climbed yesterday and grounded today. Grounding was alot easier, so going to try that for a week or so if i can.

Good heads up about pain in the winter, got plenty of other injuries with give me jip in the bad weather

Some mates:sneaky2: lol

Look after yourself! After all is said & done healing slower & stronger will make you stronger when age kicks in!

he said he was coming up through a log and clipped a anothher log as he came out and fired up in his face ,he said he was upright at the time . he was up his boss yard cutting logs at the time

Exactly why we hold saws the way we do. It should have just thrown the saw over his shoulder.:thumbdown: