what to do with this beech??

shillo

yes the tree was there long before the house, and the conservatory was about a year ago and surprize surprize i got a phone call the day after they finished it!

i did have a look at the top side of where all the forking occurs and i did look surprizingly good.

i have attached a few more pics, took me ages to attach the last ones.

you can see a weeping tight fork and in the other photo which is further up this limb there is a split in the bark not sure if this is a bit of delamination that hamadryad was talking about but is on the side of the limb.

the tree did have a partner in the next door property but that had meripilus very bad and had to be felled another beech of the same age is in another neighbouring property which was heavily reduced years ago which i did post on here also. (http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/general-chat/10968-poor-old-beech-what-do-i-do.html) ( i havent done that right, how do i link an old post?)

due to subsequent dieback caused by heavy reduction its still touch and go whether that tree is removed or deadwooded still talking with tree warden about that one.

thanks guys

P1020196.jpg.777ca9620e1b8c5023a5a31a1f56dfaf.jpg

P1020195.jpg.2c58dfc1b838206db7c70a8a7690412a.jpg

P1020193.jpg.e0f8ad26e1ae19abacfae038c65ae724.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok so the first picture is worse than it looks, its more of a 'natural fissure type thing' attachment top side of that fork is a beautiful union.

the included bark is in the limb right over the conservatory, but what exactly have we got in the next picture, its only split the bark not a torsional fracture?

any ideas. im still tempted by hamadryads :adore:1st idea i think about reducing the 3 close to the house and shaping remainder. the drag out from this tree is horrible, steps, tight turns and through a garage:sad: