360 degree turntable chippers

Mr Ed

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike has a valid point on the diesel/petrol arguement. However, petrol is afterall more explosive than diesel, whoever heard of a diesel dragster or F1 car. There is a place for the more refined stuff in machinery but storing the fuel, carrying spare fuel and pilfering do matter. For a show special I would love to see a medium sized chipper with a buggeroff big V8. But seriously, it may be possibly to build a 6"er with turntable, diesel and skinny weight that lasts. The ring is the chassis. The "low end user" might prefer to be called the "occasional" user or "less frequent" user. Low end gives me the impression that Mike has a low opinion of these worthy people.

Yes, yes, yes. We've all heard of the Audi Le Mans cars, racing trucks and the cummins powered dragster. The JCB is a good tool etc etc etc. Fantastic, all of them.

However, they are the exception to the rule. If I was still on the tools, I doubt that I would have entertained a petrol chipper whilst my arse pointed downwards. Deisels are still more reliable, less moving parts, stronger and cheaper to run.

Love my TW 13/75:withstupid:

Stick it on the trailer and it will turn in any direction you want :thrasher:

Saving for my Schliesing, just about got enough to pay for a glow plug:151:

Being serious, this is the only type of machine that I think there is a place for with a petrol engine. When I do upgrade the 13/75 will def not be px'ed, too bloody usefull in back gardens :biggthumpup:

What are users thoughts on larger machines that are petrol. I have used a petrol TW/Entec Trukloader and it was an excellent little machine however..........

I am thinking about makes and models of 6 inch chipper and have seen and been offered petrol models (There always seems to be a petrol one lurking about). I do have constant access to Red diesel however if the performance of a petrol is better I would happily use one. Any thoughts on reliability and performance before I take the plunge. Thanks. Jonathan

What are users thoughts on larger machines that are petrol. I have used a petrol TW/Entec Trukloader and it was an excellent little machine however..........

I am thinking about makes and models of 6 inch chipper and have seen and been offered petrol models (There always seems to be a petrol one lurking about). I do have constant access to Red diesel however if the performance of a petrol is better I would happily use one. Any thoughts on reliability and performance before I take the plunge. Thanks. Jonathan

as Mike said, there is a place for petrol machines, the choice variables include, your budget, residual value, hours to be worked, type of work, expectations (longevity v px value). As Mike will confirm, a petrol machine can attract very few bids when the time to upgrade arrives. If you can afford a diesel - go for it! Good Luck