Bugs, bees and beasties- Bio-diversity matters

White Noise

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I aspire to reach 'semi geek' level Janey,& getting involved in this thread a bit may give me a more targeted approach,the works of the guilty few on here are a truly inspirational.

Hamma gets my top vote,he had a bit of conflict in the early days,and it appears to have spurned him on to new heights.

So please excuse me my ignorance!:biggrin::blushing:

I dont give comlpiments lightly,so I wont pass them out,but keep upthe good work......please!:001_smile:

I aspire to reach 'semi geek' level Janey,& getting involved in this thread a bit may give me a more targeted approach,the works of the guilty few on here are a truly inspirational.

Hamma gets my top vote,he had a bit of conflict in the early days,and it appears to have spurned him on to new heights.

So please excuse me my ignorance!:biggrin::blushing:

I dont give comlpiments lightly,so I wont pass them out,but keep upthe good work......please!:001_smile:

It would be nice to see an ento geek form his/her niche here:thumbup1:

Well I dont think I can cut the mustard,but I have been a bussy boy,so if you have a moment (and my set up functions),heres a batch of pics that can be watched as a slide show of sorts,its a mayfly emerging from its (new word, thanks Janey) exuvia,with a few close ups thrown in.

To run it;click on the pic,flikr will open,at the bottom right of the image is 'Mayfly hatch including proud...tag', Right click on this and select open,the page will open,above the images is 'slideshow' , left click this & get the popcorn out!

Hope it works!:biggrin:

5856281306_8c23f96378_z.jpg

IMG_0334 by geoff321, on Flickr

Edited by geoff
spell

Geoff, that's amazing :thumbup:. I really like the head on pics.

Excuse my ignorance, but is that set up in a studio or in the field?

I put my 'Daktari' uniform on this morning,dashed out to my pond,and got snapping,then the hard work started,about 150 images to process,then the selection process to try & maintain continuety,without people growing old watching it!

Thanks for watching,it was all taken on site,and no living organisms were harmed,even if it nearly did me in sorting it all!:laugh1: