Bugs, bees and beasties- Bio-diversity matters

White Noise

Looks like youve been paying a lot of attention Albedo!

good framing, lovely composition, the shadow, foliage and sky and white object all converge on diagonals, sweeettt!

for quick hand held shots, up the iso rating to 800 and use the extra Fstops to gain depth of field.

Thanks H I've got one thats in better focus, but I thought you'd like all the lines in this one, and knew you'd have me on DOF and focus. Thanks for the tips though. I will try that ISO thing, I keep forgetting, but will have more time now for it as have finished the roof I was working on which was takeing up all the bits of dry weather.:thumbup1:

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dreaded Harlequin ladybird (Harmonia axyridis), too well established now to be eradicated so sadly here to stay.

Yet another one to add to the long list of unwelcome / undesirable introductions. :001_rolleyes:

I understand we have the Dutch to thank for the Harlequin. Imported as a bio-control to Holland and whether accidently imported to the uk or perhaps they made it "on the wing" to the shores of Blighty,(I do not know for sure) there is the direct link.:grinning-smiley-003

Would have thought it possible myself but no argument from me. Consider the Plant Passport Scheme. It has been in place for longtime now. Was it not designed to prevent this kind of thing?

Tim.

if we cant stop the ilegal migration of humans and fourty pound french carp, how the hell do you expect anyone to notice a ladybird!:laugh1:

Humans are a bit smarter than plants ( although it's questionable; I certainly do not subscribe without fuss to the evolutionary faction who believe in an empirical superiority ) They have not got legs mate.....

Anyone can break the law . If you want it enough. I turn oin the tube and watch Howard Marks on Never mind the Buzzcocks, or turn over and Keith Richards is talking about a lifetime of drug addiction....NO PROBLEM.