Best Saw for Firewood

76AR

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Daft as it is, I love my 088 for ringing up big firewood. With a 21 inch bar it's about 10 seconds per cut on an 18 inch log! You just need to have more regular breaks to recover from the weight and the higher vibration. Get's the job done very quickly though!

For those larger logs:001_rolleyes:
wheres the rest of the bar :confused1:

my main firewood saw for use for cutting up smaller logs is my 340e husky, very light and nimble with a small bar, its also very easy to start requireing only two or three pulls from cold to start, I have used a stihl260 and tbh i dont like the feel of them, they are smooth to use as well, so its probably a personal choice,

ok the 340e is not a pro saw but its very fuel efficent, and is smooth to use for a long time, mine spends quite a lot of time on my logmaster bench, so i can cut the smaller lengths of cord a lot quicker, and i dont have to refuel very often. I process about 4-5tonnes of logs for my rayburn like this per year and im very pleased with it

for medium bits its the 346xp then the 372xp with a 24" bar for bigger bits as required