• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Shoes are for dancing!!

For work I want BOOTS!!!!!!!!!!!

Then just call me the micheal flately of the tree world.

Stomping up a large pole with gaffs on, dragging a 441 around, chogging out 10ft sections, fair enough, strong boots are required. However for actual climbing and general tree maintenance in summer, there is nothing better than a pair of good climbing trainers.

i think if that was ALL there was to it, someone may have made something before now

Obviously I understand that there is a whole design, testing, marketing and manufacturing process that has to go on, but surely it could be a viable option?the more comfortable you are in a tree, the safer you are.

Then just call me the micheal flately of the tree world.

Stomping up a large pole with gaffs on, dragging a 441 around, chogging out 10ft sections, fair enough, strong boots are required. However for actual climbing and general tree maintenance in summer, there is nothing better than a pair of good climbing trainers.

If its just silky work then normal climbing pumps I agree are fine. But if I'm up a tree with a chainsaw then I want as much protection as possible. I'm new to this game and as we know a lot of newbies look at this site for info and tricks of the trade that you pro's are doing. I think them reading that the pro's prefer to climb in trainers with a saw than boots isn't really what they should be reading!

I agree that with protection they should be fine, but I'd still want boots. A protective tongue in a trainer isn't going to stop you hacking your foot off at your ankle!!:001_smile:

Obviously I understand that there is a whole design, testing, marketing and manufacturing process that has to go on, but surely it could be a viable option?the more comfortable you are in a tree, the safer you are.

i cant see that a product such as you're describing would ever be hard wearing enough to last, and no doubt cost more than a regular chainsawboot....would be too much of a niche market for anyone to even entertain the idea of....in my (no idea about shoe making) opinion.

i cant see that a product such as you're describing would ever be hard wearing enough to last, and no doubt cost more than a regular chainsawboot....would be too much of a niche market for anyone to even entertain the idea of....in my (no idea about shoe making) opinion.

Well that's that idea boohoo'd then. Don't worry I've got more haha

I was just looking at the scarpas and them red things that shrek wears and thought there must be some middle ground inbetween. I was more asking if anyone agreed in principle, not seriously if a Haix Frank Pro model was gonna be coming out next year. Haha

to give you an idea, just to cost tooling to make a new design of skate shoe sole unit, so nothing amazing, just a tread pattern,, you're looking in the region of $100,000 JUST for the tooling

i cant see that a product such as you're describing would ever be hard wearing enough to last,

why would they last any less amount of time? Do the scarpas etc not last very long compared to chainsaw boots? Was gonna order some 2moro.