A Public Apology

Dean Lofthouse

When my containers got broken into I started a thread called, "Can you believe it, bloody Pikies".

I have since found out through the grapevine who broke into my containers and it wasn't Pikies, Pikies being a term used to refer to Travellers.

I therefore wish to publicly apologise for the suggesting that my containers were damaged by members of the travelling community.

Fair is fair in my opinion and apologies where they are due.

I have been asked what I intend to do now I know who it is.

I have always gone by the rules of don't get mad get even. The lad who broke into the containers didn't know whos container they were. Now he know who's container they are, if he attempts another breakin will be issuing a direct challenge to me iMO and therefore will have to accept that there are concequences to his actions.

In the mean time, he put chains on my container door and caused £400 worth of damage, he left his chains behind. I was thinking of taking the chains and attaching them to his van rear doors and bending them out the same as he had done to mine, then leaving his chains so he realises exactly who and why it had be done.

That would probably start off a tit for tat senario, so I think a covert approach may be more applicable in this case :proud:

Back to the main point, I apologise for jumping the gun making suggestions it was traveller, when it was some scum bucket closer to home. :icon14:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would probably start off a tit for tat senario, so I think a covert approach may be more applicable in this case :proud:

:

Frustrating as it is, trying to get payback/revenge/eye for an eye can be ugly.

I'd suggest just leaving the chains on his doorstep with a note saying you that he forgot these when you visited my yard, your not causing any damage to his property but your making him aware you know.

imsorry mate , but if someone broke into my shed , and i found out who it was, he would be walking with a permenant limp.

Me too. Not that I'm saying it would be the best thing to do, but I would'nt be able to stop myself putting the fear of me (like the fear of god - but worse) into them.

Frustrating as it is, trying to get payback/revenge/eye for an eye can be ugly.

I'd suggest just leaving the chains on his doorstep with a note saying you that he forgot these when you visited my yard, your not causing any damage to his property but your making him aware you know.

Good idea Marc, but with an empty shotgun cartridge at the side.

Only thing is, the chains are a set of 4 leg hook and eye, worth about £60 :icon14:.

I will let him know I know and in no uncertain terms let him know he won't be doing it again.