Bmw X5

igottacabstar

Bet that's pretty quick off the mark. I had a look at the new range of Jeeps - I must admit I do like the Grand Cherokee, but one or two of the smaller ones look a bit to boxy for my liking.

I think 0-62 is 8.1 seconds but I bought it for towing ability and no matter whats on the back (you don't feel it). I think its weighs 1840 ish Kgs

Great off-road (Never had to winch out).

Inside - all the toys.

Overall - built to last

Engine - 350 lb ft - Great Torque

The only Downside - 17 to 20 mpg

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nice car mate. so whats it for? any particular reason for getting a 4x4? My mate has 1 of the older ones. its nice but i prefer proper 4x4s.

Not buying it for work, obviously. To be honest I just like them, but to convince the wife I told her how practical and safe they are as a family vehicle, and I've got to say, if you've got 2 young kids and a dog and are into various outdoor activities they are ideal. Plus they look a darn site better than a Renault Espace!

I think 0-62 is 8.1 seconds but I bought it for towing ability and no matter whats on the back (you don't feel it). I think its weighs 1840 ish Kgs

Great off-road (Never had to winch out).

Inside - all the toys.

Overall - built to last

Engine - 350 lb ft - Great Torque

The only Downside - 17 to 20 mpg

The one I've ordered weighs in at 2180kgs, but has a combined fuel consumption of 23.5mpg - not too bad considering it's 355bhp. Top speed is listed at 152mph. I'm having 20" alloys fitted instead of the standard 18" so I expect this will alter some of these figures slightly.

i get to use my old mans td5 discovery whenever i need it, i some times take that when going to look at certain jobs aswell. did you look at the audi Q7? i've often wondered what they are like.

The audi Q7 is very nice:icon14:

We run a Disco 3 which I like,but when the time comes to change it, I'll be having a look at the audi.

i get to use my old mans td5 discovery whenever i need it, i some times take that when going to look at certain jobs aswell. did you look at the audi Q7? i've often wondered what they are like.

Yes, I took a look at the Q7. One of the engine variants is a superb 4.2tdi with a 0-62mph of 6.4 secs! I think this performance is mainly due to the fact that it is more like an estate car on steroids than a 4x4 - I prefer the look of the X5, and the 4.8 V8 that I'm getting is actually the same price as the Audi 4.2 diesel - and I like a nice V8!!:evil:

Don't want to be negative Cabstar, but just look around at the people who you see driving the x5s.

Aspiring chavs, wannabees, bling merchants.

go for the Audi mate.

or even the New Amazon... my next motor :icon14:

even if I have to rob a bank

To be honest, most of the people who I see driving X5s are just family people. Like I said, the Audi just looks a bit too much like an estate car for me - and anyway I've already parted with a substantial deposit:scared:

Nice for the smooth stuff, but i'd prefer mine if it got a bit muddy. I only use it for towing the chipper, a bit under powered for hauling firewood.:bawling:

hi treedave, i had a go in a bowler in Saudi - ythe only way to describe them is holy sh*!... if i had a spare £50,000 grand there would be one in my garage