One for DMM/treemagineers

treemeup

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would putting a sling and another karabiner in between your hitchclimber and your end knot work?

not a bad idea but its just more bits being untidy in the system, not sure i trust slings enough to put in my system

I do have a spare ally ring though, will give that a try next week

take your rope to a show and just tell someone who splices at the stands what the deal is with your rope and they will splice it for you be aware it will cost more than a splice done on a new rope, not sure though as im not a splicer. the biner thing is as peter said and i dont think the TM or DMM will design a biner because you dont want a rope splice done or cant get one done. like some one else said if you put it in the middle hole and do a fishermans knot you will be fine i had to use it for a week and found it fine, dont waste time with a bowline just do a fishermans.

good luck though with it, see if you ring some companies you could send yourrope to them to get a splice in it.

Hey, here's a side question on places designing Carabiners... Does anyone design a Self-locking "Twisted" Carabiner? I know there's one by Stubai (Inner Mountain Outfitters) but I like options and 1 option is not enough. Also, the Gate is a screw gate lock, not a tri-act spring lock. I'd be using this to attach my flip-line's rope-grab to my saddle. Otherwise I'd use a twisted shackle, but as I said, I like options. My trainer has a virtual library of gear, but one thing he lacks is the twisted carabiner.

not a bad idea but its just more bits being untidy in the system, not sure i trust slings enough to put in my system

I do have a spare ally ring though, will give that a try next week

Most slings have a rating of 25kn? How can you not trust it enough?

Won't your boss just buy to a new rope

If you have a small aluminium friction-saver ring, you could try this.

Works for me, but test it with your setup to ensure it works for you.

Dave

I like that one, was wondering what to do with the ring off my Tree mo:thumbup1:

I just think something like the HC should be usable by everyone, not just those with a splice

that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

the hitch climber is designed for a specific purpose(which involves a splice), why not just buy a regular pulley and use that? problem solved, plus its cheaper for you

If you can't afford a rope with a spliced eye McDonalds could usually use some help.

can you think of anyone in any trade who would argue the toss over something worth £20 that is such an integral part of their working life?

Thread closed.

Edited by Steve Bullman
LANGUAGE