How/why did you get into treework?

Andy Collins

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

climbed a lot and i mean a lot of trees 50ft plus when i was a kid around 12-13yr old got into rock and mountain climbing at school around the same time

gave it sort of the same time girls became more interesting then took a job as a gardener did that for 2 yrs and the managers started asking does anybody fancy trying out on the arb side of things if your not scared of heights that was in 1992 done it ever since ...... still loving it :001_tt1:

reason.. I like to look down at people which is a change for me seen as im only 5ft 2 ha ha

Edited by Bob Rolfe

Ex Royal Marine PTI/ out doors instructor 14 years loved climbing Etc

Did some ground work before i joined up, and know a few people in the tree game. Glad i left, would not change my job for the world, love it:001_tt1:

You might of known a mate of mine...Rich Weaver, aka 'calf-head'....

i used help the old fella in school hols left school 82 & joined his firm @ 15 the same age he was when he started @ arther greens @ silsden in 1948 been in the trade ever since like all things has its ups & downs but i wouldnt do anything else 2,nd generation in the blood, hopfully my girls will follow in my footsteps maybe not?

You might of known a mate of mine...Rich Weaver, aka 'calf-head'....

Sorry don't recall his name, i think i would remember a name like Calf Head i do know a Box Head and a sperm whale head. Lol

The Marines have some funny but stupid names:confused1: