Waste Transfer Licence

bareroots

Is it like the Tv licence, where if you don't have one they may or may not take you to court, may or may not charge you, may or may not fine you, and if they do alll of these the fine is only £200? :deal:

Rubbish!!!!!!!

Its nothing like the TV license!!, I get LOADS for my TV license!!!!!!!!

I would happily pay my TV license just to keep getting radio4!!!!!!!:thumbup:

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any cases of prosecution that we know of? :post:

I have had a WCL for many years and like others who have posted I wondered if I really needed one so on my first renewal I asked if they could tell me how many prosecutions there had been to date - no reply!

I have also been told anything that comes off a building/development site is waste, no matter where its going, virgin or not.

(it does not include clippings or trimmings that consist primarily of foliage)

The key word is "Primarily" that means you can have foliage in but I read that as not more than 50% otherwise it is primarily foliage.

Ok I should have said that may understanding in relation to the way I work means that I require a license.

A lot of our chip does contain more than 50% foliage ie your standard conifer triming job, conifer fells(only have 6 inch chipper so most of it is foliage)

We also do stump grinding which in a lot of cases requires the removal of the grindings and roots which will be classed as waste.

Plus every now and then theres a small job that I might do where we dont bother starting the chipper up and just throw the odd branch on the back of the van + palms etc.

I just assumed that nearly everyone would do the same every now and then.

If it's good enough for Boi fuel it's not primarily foliage and the idea of composting is to reduce the amount of foliage to leave woodchip.

They will take any type of chip including conny trimmings.

I will pay for a license when they drag me through the courts kicking and screaming and when they finally make it clear that tree surgery does not require one I will laugh my little cotton socks off at you lot that have given up and bought one at the first hurdle :001_smile:

Hopefully you will get away with it rather than get a fine, have to pay court costs, face 20 years in jail(with your luck they will have changed the sentences that morning) and then try to explain to your customer why they are being prosecuted for not taking the right steps in choosing a contractor that deals with the waste properly.

ie a professional.

Then you will be thinking to yourself " I knew I should have listened to MesterH, he's always right:crying:"

:001_tongue:

Rubbish!!!!!!!

Its nothing like the TV license!!, I get LOADS for my TV license!!!!!!!!

I would happily pay my TV license just to keep getting radio4!!!!!!!:thumbup:

I knew you were a bit bonkers!!

Being the only person I have ever heard of thats happy paying there TV license is one thing BUT RADIO 4!!!!:scared1:

A lot of our chip does contain more than 50% foliage ie your standard conifer triming job, conifer fells(only have 6 inch chipper so most of it is foliage)

We also do stump grinding which in a lot of cases requires the removal of the grindings and roots which will be classed as waste.

They will take any type of chip including conny trimmings.

It all goes on the same pile which averages out, your first load may be 90% chip 10 foliage, your second might be 90% foliage 10 percent chip.

Average ??

Hopefully you will get away with it rather than get a fine, have to pay court costs, face 20 years in jail(with your luck they will have changed the sentences that morning) and then try to explain to your customer why they are being prosecuted for not taking the right steps in choosing a contractor that deals with the waste properly.

ie a professional.

Are you saying the EA are correct in classifying arb arisings as waste :confused1: and to be prffessional we should send it to landfill ??

BTW stump grindings are perfect for the mulch pile and make excellent mulch

My customers are very happy in the knowledge that all my arisings are re-used in some form or another and as such see my approach as proffessional, if they thought I was treating it as waste and dumping it they'd be mortified.

You lye down and take a shafting from the EA mate, I preffer to stand my ground, I think I could put my point across in court very eloquently for a Yorkshireman :thumbup1:

I was being sarcastic with the professional bit.:001_smile:

No I dont think it should be classed as waste but it seems as though there isnt much we can do about that atm:001_smile:

I get shafted paying for stuff that I dont think I should but at least with the EA it is quite cheap so its only a little shafting.:scared1: