Website redesign what do i need

I thought that was quite cool!! I think the website is fine mate. Its all personal prefences, and we'll all like some bits that someone else will hate!!

Its nice, bright and has whirlly logos, I'd be impressed if I was a customer!!

Looks good to me!!:thumbup1:

OMG a compliment many thanks they are far and few between lol.

I guess im after delivering something that grabs your attention shows we can handle the work and we offer a great price an service.

I know what i think works but im sure other people may have some little golden nuggets of wisdom to ?:thumbup:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally had chance to look at the site and I am not a great fan of flash images, I find them very distracting. The other thing I noticed is that your company names appears all over the place, I find that excessive.

At the bottom of the front page you have a scroll box which is out of place with the neat lines you have created for the rest of the page. The point I noticed is that work types link to the top of the services page. It would look better if it linked to the actual service.

Having your insurance documentation, etc is a useful feature however any documentation featured must be kept up to date.

As you will have noticed I have favoured what I don't like about the site, but everyone likes different things and for me I prefer to see clean, simple sites where I can get to the information I require quickly.

Hope you find this helpful, but I have not gone through every aspect of the site which I have done in the past for other sites when testing them.

Hi Terry

I think the top raindrop image changing thingy is really clever - never seen that one before - eye catching - I find mayself simply watching it change - excellent

The first photo of the van and chipper I,m not sure about. Maybe it's aimed at the domestic market hence the housing in the back and this is purely my opinion but if the vehicle had a more tree type backdrop of even greenery and blue sky I'd focus more on the vehicle and sign writing than the houses behind - just a thought.

There's lots going on in the site and I think if someone really wants to find out about the business at least they can jump into the site and see everything they need to which is good and gives different layers of information. As long as the initial pages get them hooked they can work their way through as necessary

I see comments from previous contributors which I wouldn't be put of by - its a very clever website and I enjoyed viewing it. Most sites look very boring by comparison

:thumbup:

Hi Terry

I think the top raindrop image changing thingy is really clever - never seen that one before - eye catching - I find mayself simply watching it change - excellent

The first photo of the van and chipper I,m not sure about. Maybe it's aimed at the domestic market hence the housing in the back and this is purely my opinion but if the vehicle had a more tree type backdrop of even greenery and blue sky I'd focus more on the vehicle and sign writing than the houses behind - just a thought.

There's lots going on in the site and I think if someone really wants to find out about the business at least they can jump into the site and see everything they need to which is good and gives different layers of information. As long as the initial pages get them hooked they can work their way through as necessary

I see comments from previous contributors which I wouldn't be put of by - its a very clever website and I enjoyed viewing it. Most sites look very boring by comparison

:thumbup:

With the company part of the reason for lots is seo. Some good comments. I have been looking to change the front pictures i totally agree with the backround. Im aware of flash and its disadvantages but its personal preference i like it. Is there any information you would add for your customers that would be usefull names of trees etc legislation i dont just want to get business i want people to use it for information answer all tree related questions. Excuse the typing iphones aint the easiest thing to use just incase some one points it out lol

The SEO comments are wrong, you only need your company name once to generate a search on biz name basis, the seo should be pointed to key search words.

Alot of theses so called SEO companies concentrate on fobbing you off with getting you top seach with comany name/web address, thats rubbish it has to be keywords.

For you the likes of tree essex, arborist essex etc.......

unfortunately you are not there when i did searches :thumbdown:

The SEO comments are wrong, you only need your company name once to generate a search on biz name basis, the seo should be pointed to key search words.

Alot of theses so called SEO companies concentrate on fobbing you off with getting you top seach with comany name/web address, thats rubbish it has to be keywords.

For you the likes of tree essex, arborist essex etc.......

unfortunately you are not there when i did searches :thumbdown:

try tree surgeon essex im no 1 on organics or tree surgeon in essex they are popular keywords my seo works brilliantly i have 2 years a data to prove it but thats for my eyes only lol.

All i can say is the seo side of things i understand very very well and i rank on page one on 90% of my keywords but theres alot more to seo then key words phrases and metatags.:thumbup:

The little scrollable box at the bottom is interesting. I didn't even see it the first time I looked at the site. A handy way to hide all that text without resorting to putting white text over white background (which would backfire).

I found that all that little text down there does help a lot, however its added, whether as size 10 font, or like you have it.