long hair?

Nick Waring

Long hair, is it a problem? or is it ok,

i have long hair, and i was talking to Jonesie about it when i was getting my helmet,

so i was just woundering if anyone here has long hair? or has had long hair? whilst climbing trees, cutting trees, etc.

Cheers,

- Nick

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use to have long hair witch was half way down my back in length, I then started a high stress job in 2003 working 156h a week for 9 months and developed psoriasis as a result on my scalp so I shaved it all off.

As for working, it never use to get in the way.

Used to have a longish barnet back in me pre climbing youthhood.

Had a climbing buddy who had hair down to his arse.

Could never understand how he dealt and climbed with drenched sweaty locks in the summer,

yet alone the time it took him to get his helmet on.:thumbsdown:

Yeah, i have that helmet problem, was thinking a bandana might help.

getting in the way aside, i dont know how you can stick the heat of having long hair. ive never had long hair personally, couple inches long at the very very most but started shaving down to a grade1 2 years ago, would never go back.

Ditto

Long hair doesn't let heat escape.

I use the shaver with no plastic guage now, a number 0

I also wouldn't go back

I have long hair and it isn't a problem for me. yeah, it gets a bit hot in the summer and full of **** but i've had it long for about 12 years. Not a problem with the helmet, but I always wear it in a ponytail. can be a bit of a pain when you get snagged on twiggs and stuff but i have never had it caught in my prussic like others.

Must admit it probably does the missus head in with all the hoovering and stuff. Sometimes you would be surprised the amount of crap that comes out on the bathroom floor, especially bit of dead conifer :grinning-smiley-003

yeah, i guess i could tuck mine into my harness if i tried, dont have any probs cos its always tied back at work. not had it cut since 1993 and that was just cos i liked the look of the girl in a hairdressers in Sligo when i walked past drunk. beard is also about 4" and not had probs with that yet. i do carry a knife at all times just in case though.