Gratitude

Dean Lofthouse

the fact the pie wont be there will lead to a whole new thread from deano, he will get loads of calls from annoyed tight gits, calling him alsorts. But he will get calls from peolpe who are genuine and will be willing to pay for chip, i dont see why it needs to be for charity, making money isnt a crime. we all donate in our own ways at diferent times, i think the charity sign is to try and make yourself feel better and try to cusion the blow for the chip fairies.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thats not the problem with your equation dean, the chip fairies are doing nothing wrong, you told them it was free. now if you are going to ask for any form of payment whether its for you or charity, it must be policed or you will just get annoyed again, there must be a set price as you hold the volume of chip as way of valueing the donation. If you dont want anyone getting owt for nowt, dont give it away, but you are too nice to ask abything for it. you are an aim to please kind of guy, also you seek a reward for your efforts. if this is not forfilled then you get resentfull. Guess how i know all this, you guessed it, i was EXACTLY the same mate. Mental contracts and deals are only in your head. If you gave me your phone and i became your manager, you would cringe at what i would say to your callers. All the freebies would stop, the favours would stop, and the true colours of all the folk you think are friends would really come through. and guess what you wouldnt know what to do with all your free time, full bank account, and lack of stress and how great your life would be. guess how i know this aswell?

you seem like a knowledgeable guy stevie, what you are saying makes alot of sense. you give em an inch and they take a mile springs to mind. I used to give wood away, then when i stopped and told em i want somthing for it they didnt want to know. i lent gear out and it came back dammaged and i got nothing for it. now i dont lend out. true friends are a rare thing. i used to lend gear to a so called mate, then he wanted to borrow a climbing saw for his jobs, i told him no and i was called tight or a w****r.

thats not the problem with your equation dean, the chip fairies are doing nothing wrong, you told them it was free. now if you are going to ask for any form of payment whether its for you or charity, it must be policed or you will just get annoyed again, there must be a set price as you hold the volume of chip as way of valueing the donation. If you dont want anyone getting owt for nowt, dont give it away, but you are too nice to ask abything for it. you are an aim to please kind of guy, also you seek a reward for your efforts. if this is not forfilled then you get resentfull. Guess how i know all this, you guessed it, i was EXACTLY the same mate. Mental contracts and deals are only in your head. If you gave me your phone and i became your manager, you would cringe at what i would say to your callers. All the freebies would stop, the favours would stop, and the true colours of all the folk you think are friends would really come through. and guess what you wouldnt know what to do with all your free time, full bank account, and lack of stress and how great your life would be. guess how i know this aswell?

Yes Stevie I remember deawooding my customers and destressing it was harsh and tough . I went from the yes man to the no man and almost overnight lost loads of spongers .:thumbup:

i reckon us guys have the same rules, if someone lends me their car with half a tank of fuel i return it full to the brim with a crate of beer in the back. if i borrow something it gets washed before i return it, help me once i owe you for anything, anytime anywhere, if i break it i renew it. i have a wheelbarrow with a squeaky wheel full of concrete i loaned to someone, it was old but like new before. never again. i work very hard for what i have, just like you guys.

All our chip is given away as we dont have the space to store it. Not that anyone would buy it around here anyway, its hard enough giving it away for free .

I would put up a sign that says "Due to people abusing my good will and dumping there rubbish here the woodchip is no longer free and all thieves will be prosecuted. Anyone wishing to buy the chip can call me on XXXXXXX"

I would put up a sign that says "Due to people abusing my good will and dumping there rubbish here the woodchip is no longer free and all thieves will be prosecuted. Anyone wishing to buy the chip can call me on XXXXXXX"

That is exactly what I am planning to do if I can build a chip bay with concrete floor and high walls I will sell the stuff for bio mass, I'm going to see if hama comes up with any info on spec and handling etc

that is spot on mesterh, dean you will be amazed with the folk that will pay for chip, if you get an area where it can be kept clean easy to load with the tractor, then only deliver when you are passing their door, even small bags at a £2 a bag, it all adds up, and the fact you are dealing with nice thankfull customers makes it very worthwhile