Gratitude

Dean Lofthouse

But you have to have artic acsess and load it yourself, so thats a telehandler needed aswell, and people do get loads back, i have looked in to it and unless you produce LOTS of it and can garantee its clean it aint worht the hassle IMO

People get loads back when they dont follow the guidlines!

if you look into it, then why didnt you look into those that find it a viable option as well as those that only see the negatives?

yes you need arctic accses, that is an issue I suppose, but I am pretty sure the loaders can be self loaders? I will check all this out tommorow and give you the full set up we do.:thumbup1:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People get loads back when they dont follow the guidlines!

if you look into it, then why didnt you look into those that find it a viable option as well as those that only see the negatives?

yes you need arctic accses, that is an issue I suppose, but I am pretty sure the loaders can be self loaders? I will check all this out tommorow and give you the full set up we do.:thumbup1:

I did look into it and talkied to people that do it, it suits some, BB beechwood does it, works for him but he has loading facilities, can store it undercover and get a lot of it so its turned around quick, for a 1 man band set up i don't think its worth the hassle.

I stock pile mine in the open in the silage clamp, once a month a large lorry comes, it gets loaded up and at £13 a tonne i smile for my little effort!!! I am friends with a local farmer who has a telehandler, once a month he gets a free evening in the pub!!!! If people want to buy some off me i do sell it cheaper than the garden centers but in this day and age the world is full of ungrateful so and so's!!!!

Basically if you dont sell it for biomass you loose about £4500 a year!!! well i would anyway!

I think the box would get pilfered at any oppertunity.

I know I have saved some people hundreds of pound because one rung me and he couldn't believe it was free if he collected, he had been quoted over £200 by a garden centre for a couple of loads

So my thinking is that a couple of minutes online donating will be nothing to them.

I did get a bit mad the other day because I get fed up with them leaving rubbish on the chip pile, they seem to think it's ok to bring their old plants and clippings to tip and also leave knackered one ton bags and plastic containers that they take the chip away in

It just goes to show how selfish some people can be

You are so nice, and have so much faith in human nature. Maybe I am just cynical but anybody near my chip or log pile will be shot by the farmer; no questions.

Having said that I do deliver free firewood to people who have helped me out in the past, this ensures me help for the future too.

Would it not be easier for you to charge a small fee for the chip and get someone to police it, like a lad (preferably a bouncer) on the gate two sundays a month. Make those days the only time you can pick up chip. Anything over his wage goes to charity.

All the woodchip on my heap is sold off, for chaaarity mate:thumbup: I've never had a problem with people paying so far, they just stick the money in an envelope and shove it through the letterbox. I make it clear the money pays for the upkeep of the charity woodland that I'm a Trustee of.

I stock pile mine in the open in the silage clamp, once a month a large lorry comes, it gets loaded up and at £13 a tonne i smile for my little effort!!! I am friends with a local farmer who has a telehandler, once a month he gets a free evening in the pub!!!! If people want to buy some off me i do sell it cheaper than the garden centers but in this day and age the world is full of ungrateful so and so's!!!!

Basically if you dont sell it for biomass you loose about £4500 a year!!! well i would anyway!

I agree but it's ok if you get enough in a short space of time, if you can move an artic a month it is worth it but if you stote it for any lenth of time and it starts composting down i was told it was no good.

power plant guys are well happy with our chip, begging us for more!

:001_huh: So thats why you take so much off when your reduce trees, your just wanting more chip!!!!!!!!!!!:sneaky2:

:001_tt2:

you tell folk its FREE, they take it for FREE. you are now resentfull that nobody has given you anything, why is that you think? because its FREE. i used to do the same with my wood and chip, then i got fed up with no thanks or wonga, but thats because i told folk i didnt want anything for it, what i really meant is ' you can have it for nothing, but by nothing i mean £10 a load you miserable git, and if you dont give me something then i will make sure there is litter, sawdust and sweepings in it, and if you complain i will take the hufty with you'

Resentment eats you up dean, dont put an honesty box, dont put out a little table. SELL IT! If anyone asks then its £40 a bulk bag for chips'mulch delivered only, dont invite folk to see your yard, there is only 1 guy that i still give logs to, the second he sees me he raids the drink cabinet and biscuit drawer. If he sees me in th epub then he buys me and who ever is with me a drink, whether its 1 or 5 folk. If people take the huff with you, then so what. Make your life easier dean.

All the woodchip on my heap is sold off, for chaaarity mate:thumbup: I've never had a problem with people paying so far, they just stick the money in an envelope and shove it through the letterbox. I make it clear the money pays for the upkeep of the charity woodland that I'm a Trustee of.

Top banana:thumbup1: