ultimate muscle building energy healthy breakfast

Stephen Blair

as it says, are any of you guys super fit fitness gurus, i have been going to the gym regularely now since about august, i am really enjoying it and getting in the way of training, BUT my big downfall is my diet, i go with some porridge in my belly and maybe take a banana, but when i come out i am starving, after maybe 90mins in the gym, no cardio just free weights. I either have some tuna and baked beans straight away or come home for a big breakfast, but its usually bacon, poached eggs, black pudding, sliced sausage and toast and coffee, totally delicious, but i think i should compliment my work out with good food, my wife tells me fish and chicken are lean protein meats and healthy, bacon is full of chemicals or salt(organic) i am not body building, just keeping fit, i dont eat any rubbish like crisps and very rarely chocolate, but i do enjoy a donut. Any info would be great guys:thumbup1:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i did the muesli thing with yoghurt and bananas tom, but it was like eating gravel, i cant go to the gym with a full belly, but when i come out i am starving, i need protein mainly to benefit the gym work, Mike recomended a protein shake if i couldnt get to eat straigh taway but did say real food is better for you than any shake.

90 minutes is too long. You're overtraining and not building muscle - just building up your endurance. That's great if you're a marathon runner.

My breakfast's the same every morning. One cup of egg whites mixed with one cup of Eggbeaters, a half cup of diced chicken breasts, and two slices of dry whole wheat toast. No milk, just water. I'll lay out 4 slices of 2% cheese on a plate then dump the eggs over it. About 700 calories, tons of protein and very little fat.

I do a fair bit of weight training, but my diet is pretty poor, worse than yours. I use the shakes and liquid egg whites to get the extra protein I need.

Liquid egg whites - Foods | Myprotein

If you do order anything from them, stick in my reward code, then we both get a discount :biggrin: MP16906

I eat a lot of tuna and chicken, but I can never bring myself to eat much in the morning, its always just a bowl of cereal, but I train in the evenings.

The liquid egg whites are perfect for me, its real food, lots of protein and no fat or carbs. I chuck it in with some milk and its totally tasteless. :thumbup1:

Little tins of Mackerel throughout the day:thumbup1: 20gms of protein per serving (anything more will just pass through your system and be a waste) and only 60p a throw and it's real food. As a rule I take 1gm of protein per pound of body weight per day at regular intervals. Dont have a big breakfast!! Little and often is best.

I eat a rolled organic oats and nuts mixture, raw with yoghurt, which seems to last a lot longer than cooked oats, also you want to be not eating within the 2 hours before the gym, so the body doesn't covert it to fat straight away. You also needs carbs for a couple of hours after the work out to keep your body from dipping, and finally a max of a 45-60min work out is all that is needed. not including warm up and warm down. Oh and finally, finally you should do cardio and weights.

i get enough cardio with work and out with the dogs, i dont have much time so i cram in a full body work out for my needs, i only go to the gym 2-3 times a week depending on work load. i am after core strength, flexibility and i do 8-12 reps with 1 min rest. i used to have a lot of back probs that are now gone, over 2 months with out a twinge, so i trust my trainer, i am not looking for bulk just strength. i like to keep my weight at 12 stone. thanks for the tips, keep em coming

I read a recent article (no, not on April 1st!) that a "full Inglish" is actually the best breakfast to have as it sets up your metabalism for efficiently using all the food groups, rather than just carbs if you have, say, porrage.

I likes that kinda research! :001_tt2: