stump grinding

irish surgeon

just looking for opinions from people and options on pricing, i have a job coming up with about 3-4 hundred douglas fir and larch and scots to come out all of which is to be harvested i am also being asked to quote for chipping and grinding problem is i do not have a grinder. First of all i am wondering how much it would cost to grind all butts with 70% being about 30" in diameter the rest about 20" and secondly if they do go for it would i be better off investing in one as i presume thats a fairly big grinding job

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just looking for opinions from people and options on pricing, i have a job coming up with about 3-4 hundred douglas fir and larch and scots to come out all of which is to be harvested i am also being asked to quote for chipping and grinding problem is i do not have a grinder. First of all i am wondering how much it would cost to grind all butts with 70% being about 30" in diameter the rest about 20" and secondly if they do go for it would i be better off investing in one as i presume thats a fairly big grinding job

Buy a tracked machine, sounds like you will need it with that amount of stumps. also the size of stump you have wouldnt take to long with a good machine. check out the carlton range.

cheers guys, so am i calling it right that it may be better to invest in one

Yeah you'll be suprised how many stumps you can do in a day if there all near each other. They have a hard life so probaly buy new if funds are good. Rayco make very good grinders IMO. Look for one that does a good slew width too maybe a bit more but wont cost you time repositioning the grinder, time is money.:laugh1:

£1 an inch normally for stumps across the widest part. Their a handy bit of kit good for starting fencing holes in clay ive been told.....

:confused1::scared1:So you will do a 4ft stump for £48!!!!!:001_huh:

Wish you were nearer me, I would sub all my stumps to you!!

I want £2.50 per inch minimum!!!

:confused1::scared1:So you will do a 4ft stump for £48!!!!!:001_huh:

Wish you were nearer me, I would sub all my stumps to you!!

I want £2.50 per inch minimum!!!

Same here wouldnt even drive it out of the yard for £1 an inch. im same £2.50 per inch min, if its a pain to get to or really dead hard Oak etc then £3 per Inch.