A Weekend Away, Any Suggestions

Dean Lofthouse

The Wifes got 4 days off this coming weekend and wants to go away for the weekend without the kids.

She initially thought about London, not take the car, travel down by train and book a city centre hotel, see the sights.

Not keen on the idea without car, I know theres plenty to see but don't want to get on the train with hundreds of commuttors and wouldn't look forward to it.

I would rather take car to a country hotel or B&B where theres a nice country pub and travel out each morning to see the sights etc.

Problem is where do we go. Been trawling the internet and can't come up with owt.

Any suggestions.

Needs to be somewhere wheres theres plenty to see and do.

...and no, we don't want to come to someones yard where theres plenty to do splitting logs.:icon14:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went away with the wife and kids to London last summer, took the Discovery as well! We stayed in a hotel right by the London-eye. We got free tickets for the 'eye and a free river trip! Didn't cost too much either...If you want the details I'll see if I can find the number...:)

The Wifes got 4 days off this coming weekend and wants to go away for the weekend without the kids.

She initially thought about London, not take the car, travel down by train and book a city centre hotel, see the sights.

Not keen on the idea without car, I know theres plenty to see but don't want to get on the train with hundreds of commuttors and wouldn't look forward to it.

I would rather take car to a country hotel or B&B where theres a nice country pub and travel out each morning to see the sights etc.

Problem is where do we go. Been trawling the internet and can't come up with owt.

Any suggestions.

Needs to be somewhere wheres theres plenty to see and do.

...and no, we don't want to come to someones yard where theres plenty to do splitting logs.:icon14:

I reckon your wife has got the right idea. London would be something a bit different, you must see your fair share of countryside when you're out and about. There's no other city in this country that compares to the capital.:icon14: