Private work: your own pictures

jacktaylor

Jack,

you will find out in time that even if you have signage cones etc and are wearing hi viz, cars will always get passed any one standing in the road.

Just a note of caution

Whilst working in the London Borough of Brent I was wearing hi vis, the area was coned off etc etc, I had to stop traffic just as a precaution to a section fell. Although I was stood in the middle of the road and had seen the car coming from some distance it kept coming.

I stood firm and realised i had now got eye contact with the driver, he drove straight at me, i asumed he was testing me, he was not and as he drove into me i stepped aside and in a moment of anger I slapped his roof as he drove past me.

he stopped and this silver back of a man got out and asked me what i thought i was doing, this is a more complicated story....

Dont assume that people will stop, take it from those with experiance of this, I have had eye contact with at least three drivers who drove straight into and would have gone through me had i stepped aside.

It takes some guts to stand firm when they test you, and test you they will. It isnt so much what you do you have to worry about, it is what others do that will cause you the BIGGEST problems!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst working in the London Borough of Brent I was wearing hi vis, the area was coned off etc etc, I had to stop traffic just as a precaution to a section fell. Although I was stood in the middle of the road and had seen the car coming from some distance it kept coming.

I stood firm and realised i had now got eye contact with the driver, he drove straight at me, i asumed he was testing me, he was not and as he drove into me i stepped aside and in a moment of anger I slapped his roof as he drove past me.

he stopped and this silver back of a man got out and asked me what i thought i was doing, this is a more complicated story....

Dont assume that people will stop, take it from those with experiance of this, I have had eye contact with at least three drivers who drove straight into and would have gone through me had i stepped aside.

It takes some guts to stand firm when they test you, and test you they will. It isnt so much what you do you have to worry about, it is what others do that will cause you the BIGGEST problems!

Never underestimate the stupidity/arrogance of the general public :001_rolleyes: