Hamas big reduction/pruning thread!

which is totaly my point, there is LESS to take away, that is down to how it is done and managed. In my reductions i find 2nd 3rd prunes an absolute breeze, nothing that couldnt be bundled up and chipped without hasving to reach for the saw, the groundy keps up easy and I can do two or three in a day, everyones a winner, including the client whos trees remain roughly the same size indefinatly!:thumbup:

I think this is a method under the name of nawki? the jap term for garden tree as opposed to bonzi, the jap word for potted tree:confused1:

Sorry if my jap is wrong! I had done some at the late gr8 Mr Harrisons for a most inspired arb IMO

2 days on one ewe tree prune nawaki style prune!

I think this is a method under the name of nawki? the jap term for garden tree as opposed to bonzi, the jap word for potted tree:confused1:

Sorry if my jap is wrong! I had done some at the late gr8 Mr Harrisons for a most inspired arb IMO

2 days on one ewe tree prune nawaki style prune!

yeah kind of!:001_tongue:

Won't some of those reductions end up looking like "afro" haircuts in a year or so ?

I prefer the trees to look pollarded for a while and then grow decent size branches.

I'm no expert though, I just look at trees.

Whilst at some stage these prunes may look a little furry that will only last a short time after which balanced growth applies due to shading out of epicormic and losses, leaving the tree with a more finely branching form as apossed to several long heavy limbs

pollards have no place in urban gardens or at least in very few instances. For reasons already discussed

Won't some of those reductions end up looking like "afro" haircuts in a year or so ?

I prefer the trees to look pollarded for a while and then grow decent size branches.

I'm no expert though, I just look at trees.

I think it is about the photo synth producing thing in trees?

Remove to much & get a load back?

Nature has a way of telling us lay people how she works!

It mite be sutle but it will always open an eye if that eye wants to see!

I havent decided on that point yet!

I have some really good subjects given to me by arborcop and aateccie kev and Paul so got plenty to think about!

No de rail ment mate. I sure you have plenty to ocupy you's mind in that respect:thumbup1:

No de rail ment mate. I sure you have plenty to ocupy you's mind in that respect:thumbup1:

for the record I dont get upset when it "derails" a bit, i try not to do it to others cos it seems to bug some but at the end of the day its all talk and a conversation should follow a natural flow, not be regimental and boring!:thumbup1:

for the record I dont get upset when it "derails" a bit, i try not to do it to others cos it seems to bug some but at the end of the day its all talk and a conversation should follow a natural flow, not be regimental and boring!:thumbup1:

:thumbup::lol: I have sussed that fom you

Still a link their I am sure though, for some contraversy:001_rolleyes: