Hamas big reduction/pruning thread!

Thanks, all silky and snips for that one. Not for this one though. Had a few limbs snap out onto the house recently, plenty of inonotus throughout. A few bt lines, road, house and oil tank didn't help. After pic was taken a few weeks afterwards as I forgot to take one on the day.

1373154832021.jpg.83c7b7b5f1ed390b61aba32c177a849f.jpg

1373154806501.jpg.10a4b17188f597ce5a7e65e09383af4c.jpg

nice work fella, just out of interest as Im involved in conversations on this subject more and more, what was the specification for this job?

customer was concerned about a pressure crack in one of the lower limbs and had been recommended a 25% reduction overall , but it seemed a little crazy to us because it was a beautiful specimen and the spec seemed a little harsh so we talked to him and instead did a lesser reduction , but went a bit harder on the damaged leader.

customer was concerned about a pressure crack in one of the lower limbs and had been recommended a 25% reduction overall , but it seemed a little crazy to us because it was a beautiful specimen and the spec seemed a little harsh so we talked to him and instead did a lesser reduction , but went a bit harder on the damaged leader.

by pressure crack I assume you mean hazard beam?

Thanks, all silky and snips for that one. Not for this one though. Had a few limbs snap out onto the house recently, plenty of inonotus throughout. A few bt lines, road, house and oil tank didn't help. After pic was taken a few weeks afterwards as I forgot to take one on the day.

I like it! I get a bit fed up with all the reductions on here where you can hardly see the difference.

Foe me this is a lot better, meaningful reduction leaving a nice shape.

Hi Jesse,

looked a lovely tree to work on,

are the specifications in Germany (I'm guessing the Lirio is in Germany?) all based on the 2006 Zusatzliche Technische

Vertragsbedingungen und Rechtlinien fur Baumpflege (ZTV), German tree care standard?

cheers

David

by pressure crack I assume you mean hazard beam?

sort of , there was no really open cracking of the limb more a twisting and splitting of the bark due to a lion tailed leader , not 100% on what you would call it officially sorry mate.

Its a strange way of dealing with trees here in germany , personaly i would have reduced the one leader and left the tree but since a an overall reduction was recommended by an "expert" it was

"vital" that one was done to keep it "safe".

this of course was all i gathered from my poor german skills and quick translation from my colleague.

our argument on the 25 % spec was that it would cause more probems in a few years time with epicormic growth therefore only solving the problem for a year or two then being back in the same boat.

• 3 weeks later...