i just think

jamie wroe

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbdown::thumbdown:

When I graduated I applied for a job with a transport research co (that was my bag at the time); the director was exactly what I was looking for - he told me. He also told me that because I spelt professional with two fs he would not take the application any further. At the time I thought it was very harsh. I've never spelt it wrong since and boy do I respect that man now. Harsh is good.

and to add to that if you want to finish your ND by going back for your final year which i do then its another £3300 to live in again! So its no wonder why people end up working without tickets IMO

I'd go into conextions if i was you they can offer you great advice on a whole range of things that may interest you i phoned up today to ask about PTS tickets and even though I am 20 now there were more than happy to point me in the right direction!

Connexions Direct - Homepage

thats the web address but you can just walk on into your local centre and they may even help you with the costs of your kit!

and to add to that if you want to finish your ND by going back for your final year which i do then its another £3300 to live in again! So its no wonder why people end up working without tickets IMO

I'd go into conextions if i was you they can offer you great advice on a whole range of things that may interest you i phoned up today to ask about PTS tickets and even though I am 20 now there were more than happy to point me in the right direction!

Connexions Direct - Homepage

thats the web address but you can just walk on into your local centre and they may even help you with the costs of your kit!

30, 31, 38, 39, done, cheaper than you think, I dont see the point of doing theoretical & practical as only 1/100 to both. Although Myerscough clean up from it

what has his spelling got to do with anything???????

It doesn't matter on the job, but if you don't get it right at the application stage (and it is easy to check), it might come across like you can't be arsed.

The paper trail in this industry isn't getting any shorter, like it or not.

Two lads going for a job. Both equally good, but one can write RA's etc., one can't. Who gets the job?

without straying from the point to much , it doesnt half wind me up that you can get your tickets paid for if your unemployed and you can pop into the job centre :sneaky2: i was 27 when i went and got mine and it took me 2 years to save for it working full time doing ANOTHER job to get there ,i have a family a 3 year old daughter usual rent bills and other crap and got sod all hepl with funding , :thumbdown: im not asking for the violines to be played and maybe im just a little jelous but my advice would be get another part/full time job in the mean time and save the pennys instead of sitting on your arse moaning about it ! sorry if that seems blunt but theres allways someone worse off , !

i hope it works out for you just keep perservering

30, 31, 38, 39, done, cheaper than you think, I dont see the point of doing theoretical & practical as only 1/100 to both. Although Myerscough clean up from it

Yeh i see your point completly I do enjoy my theory side granted, no where near as much as i enjoy my practical.

But I do think to myself that one day when I am too old and buggered to climb. Some of the lessons I have learnt will come to good use like the business management side which I will do from september,

as well as all the conservation management stuff opens alot of doors I supose and then I have the option of going to uni but i think i will give that a miss as well as that you get your cs40 and 41 in your last year which is handy to have but still doesnt offset the amount I have paid to live in etc etc