What would you do???

Ian C

Got a job coming up for a commercial client on a new build, they contacted me last week to have a look at some chestnuts that they thought were knackered, i went and had a look and yes there knackered alright, not massive and i have the job but there is a blanket TPO on this site, do i put an app in or do i fell under the DDD clause? i know theres no problem with felling them but i have always gone throught the council as i feel safer with that bit of paper in my hand. What would you do, just asking for opinions really.

5976559bc5c14_flamulinavelutipes.jpg.fa1faace536e333b06dd86de5bbc22f1.jpg

5976559bc2714_flamulinavelutipes(2).jpg.704a0de5b59a87bf4bd3b061522b716a.jpg

004.jpg.d2d407745a2ee2555dc46b9a90b9f9bf.jpg

003.jpg.36c3cb9af4567f5a119c245bdb96ef6b.jpg

001.jpg.275b1b106642e7ff65abe0cac67abe45.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would take pics and fell under DDD, but speak to the TO and make sure he sees them before you fell and agrees with you.

Thanks John, thats what i was edging towards to be honest.

Dave- i am going to give this a shot first but i just know what Leeds council TO will say, if i try and get him on site i will get the usuall "put an app in" reply, worht a try though.

Thanks John, thats what i was edging towards to be honest.

Dave- i am going to give this a shot first but i just know what Leeds council TO will say, if i try and get him on site i will get the usuall "put an app in" reply, worht a try though.

If you give them a 5 day DDD notification, with these pic's they will surely send some one out to have a look??

i am going through the same thing, i have a client with a horse chestnut that has honey fungus and bleeding canker, the client had a tree report done and the consultant has reccomended the tree be felled asap. I rand the T.O. and explained the situation and he has told me to fill in application form and send a copy of the report and he will look into it.

once he is happy with it he will ok it. better to play it safe.

Lots of different LA's have different views as to what constitutes a "dying" tree, and if you're seen to have got it wrong, the burden of proof is on you to demonstrate that the tree was exempt.

Pictures emailed or otherwise sent into the LA are always a good idea where they support your case.

For the pics you've attached I'd say a normal application to fell would be best. Do you think they're about to fall over?